What is LTS
Luxoft Technology Series (LTS) is a series of free online events with famous IT lecturers who have rock star status in IT community. It is targeted to IT professionals who have interest in obtaining expert level knowledge.
Hanno Embregts is a Java Developer, Speaker and Teacher at Info Support (the Netherlands). He has over 11 years experience with both front- and back-end development, with a special interest in automating the software development process to the fullest. He likes his work best when it is fast-paced and versatile, which is why he juggles Java development, public speaking and teaching courses at Info Support’s Knowledge Centre. When Hanno doesn’t have access to any kind of computer - which can only be called the most desperate of times - he plays in a band as a lead singer and guitar player. He is also a passionate fan of alternative rock band Switchfoot and Dutch football club Feyenoord. Last but not least: he has been told off repeatedly for using Star Wars quotes at work (things didn’t improve much by replying “I find your lack of faith disturbing”).
The Value of Soft Skills for Developers
When I return from a conference I am dying to try out the new ideas I brought home and convince my colleagues that we should start using them. Turns out my hard skills only get me so far. Soft skills play a vital part in the development of a great product. We need to be able to motivate people, listen to them and treat them with respect. So how do we get there?
The few things I have learned about soft skills came through improving upon my mistakes and asking other developers about it. So bring your questions to this meetup and let's see if we can put the 'soft' in software development together.
NOTE: to gather your questions and to decide which to answer first I will be using a public Trello board. It is located here. So if you already know which soft skills topic you want to discuss, feel free to log in to your Trello account and post it on the board already. Doing so will save us some time during the meetup itself.
See previous webinars
- Luxoft LTS Event with Rex Black
- Murex Webinar
- Luxoft LTS event with Nicolas Fränkel #11
- Luxoft LTS event with Nicolas Fränkel
- Luxoft LTS Event with Sander Mak #9
- LTS Webinar “A practical guide to Digital Transformation” with Richard Pilling
- LTS Webinar “Building Better Angular Apps with NgRX” with Lukas Ruebbelke
- LTS Webinar: Climbing into the Digital Cockpit
- Luxoft LTS Event with David J. Anderson
- Luxoft LTS Event with Dr. John Johnson and Robert West
- Luxoft LTS Event with Paul Bakker
- Luxoft LTS Event with Sander Mark
- Luxoft LTS Event with Scott W Ambler
- Luxoft LTS Event with Shai Almog