The Test Tools Developer is a hands-on engineer who works on the definition and development of Test Tools solutions (combination of HW or SW) necessary to test/validate/measure/record a Product feature or the Product itself.
The Test Tool Developer reports Hierarchically to the TIAT (Test Infrastructure and Tools) Team Leader and Functional to the Test Tool Coordinator.
The Test Tool Developer shall be in close contact with other Client's TIAT teams around the world to define the approach to follow for the development of a new test tool.
The Test Tool Developer is part of the TIAT Team therefore is a services engineer who can be reached by several different team members (Validation, SysTest, SysIntTest, Quality) requesting for support, as part of his duties the Test Tool Developer shall follow up the support request together with the TIAT Team Leader to prioritize activities.
Below is a list of Test Tools (but not limited to) that Test Tool Developer shall support with:
● System Validation test benches: closed loop HIL, reinjection HIL, system integration test bench
● Vehicle recording system, incl. vehicle fitout, ground truth reference system
● Vehicle rest bus simulation
● Virtual validation tools - SIL, virtual sensor models, etc.
● DV/PV/EMC test benches
● Various injection / acquisition tools to input / collect output test data from a tested Product
● SW equipment for all of the above.
● Ensure that the Test Tool definition is properly documented in a DOORS module or by CORE ALM ticket.
● Reviews requirements for Test Tools provided by the project test teams (System Validation Team, Mechatronic Test Team, SW Test Team, depending on the Product Line strategy)
● Define the Test Tool following Client's standard architectures by having a round table discussion with other TIAT team members.
● Contact standard suppliers in case their support is needed for the development of a tool.
● Create and update a basic L3 timing plan for Tool readiness.
● Provides estimations in terms of Test Tools development efforts and costs
● Keep the requester informed with status/stage/blocking issues on the development of the Tool.
● Reach TIAT Team Lead/Test Tool Coordinator/Requester in case support is needed.
● Ensures quality and validation of the Test Tools before it is released/deployed.
● Create documentation for the Test Tool.
● Backup documentation and source code of Test Tool following Client' standards (SVN)
● Continuous identification of areas for improvement.
● Python (intermediate) -> Data types, classes, functions, builtins, control flow, logging, threading, parsing, interaction with win32 APIs, Paramika/SSH, PyTest, Click/ArgParser, interaction with REST APIs, PDF write, exception handling, arguments, GUIs, read/write text files
● CANoe (intermediate) -> COM interface, panel control, message trace
● Manipulation of data Files (BIN, ASC, XLS, CVS, XML, ...) -> read, write and parse
● High degree of innovation and creativity
● High level of motivation and work ethic with an emphasis on practical, hands-on work
● Very good overall communication skills, goal-orientation mindset, good interpersonal skills
● International spirit, team spirit
● LabView (basic) -> call VI, send data, read outputs
● TestStand (intermediate) -> write sequences, modify sequences, debug sequences
● Jenkins -> Jobs configuration, pipelines, agents
● SVN -> push, pull, merge
● DPS (GM specific) -> flashing functionality, data acquire functionality
● DET (Ford specific) -> flashing functionality, data acquire functionality
● AutoIT -> functions
● Experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, Automotive Ethernet, LIN)
● Experience with requirements engineering and design tools
● Automotive/ADAS experience would be an advantage
● Ability to document comprehensively and concisely