The "Test Tools Developer - Automation" is a hands-on engineer who works on the definition and development of "Test Automation" solutions (combination of HW or SW) necessary to test/validate/measure/record a Product feature or the Product itself.
The "Test Tools Developer - Automation" reports Hierarchically to the "TIAT (Test Infrastructure and Tools) Team Leader" and Functional to the "System Test Lead".
The "Test Tools Developer - Automation" shall be in close contact with Client's Chennai location which is the owner of the Client's Test Automation Framework "VTAF" and other Client's TIAT teams around the world to define the approach to follow for the automation of test cases.
The "Test Tools Developer - Automation" is part of the TIAT Team therefore is a services engineer who can be reached by several different team members (Validation, SysTest, SysIntTest, Quality) requesting for support, as part of his duties the "Test Tools Developer - Automation" shall follow up the support request together with the "TIAT Team Leader" to prioritize activities.
Below is a list of Test Tools (but not limited to) that "Test Tool Developer" shall support with:
● System Validation test benches: closed loop HIL, reinjection HIL, system integration test bench, Calibration Test Bench, Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing Benches
● DV/PV/EMC test benches
● Vehicle rest bus simulation
● Vehicle recording system, incl. vehicle fitout, ground truth reference system
● Virtual validation tools - SIL, virtual sensor models, etc.
● Various injection / acquisition tools to input / collect output test data from a tested Product
● SW equipment for all of the above.
● Reviews requirements for Test automation provided by the project test teams (System Validation Team, Mechatronic Test Team, SW Test Team, depending on the Product Line strategy)
● Development of automation solutions following Client' standard architectures by having a round table discussion with other TIAT team members.
● Contact standard suppliers in case their support is needed for the development of a tool.
● Create and update a basic L3 timing plan for "Automation Coverage" readiness.
● Provides estimations in terms of Automation development efforts and costs
● Keep the requester informed with status/stage/blocking issues on the development of the Automation Solution.
● Reach TIAT Team Lead/Test Tool Coordinator/Requester in case support is needed.
● Ensures quality and validation of the Automation solution before it is released/deployed.
● Create documentation for the Automation solution.
● Backup documentation and source code of the Automation solution following Client' standards (SVN)
● Continuous identification of areas for improvement.
● Experience with programming languages (Python, C++, CAPL, etc)
● Proven experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, Automotive Ethernet, LIN)
● Proven experience with CANOE enviroment
● Experience with design and development of "Testing Solutions"
● High degree of innovation and creativity
● High level of motivation and work ethic with an emphasis on practical, hands-on work
● Very good overall communication skills, goal-orientation mindset, good interpersonal skills
● International spirit, team spirit
Nice to have
● Experience with development of code for NI FPGA products
● Experience with requirements engineering and design tools
● Automotive/ADAS experience would be an advantage
● Ability to document comprehensively and concisely
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
Line of Business
Automated Testing Others
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Seniority||Relocation Friendly||Send to a friend|
|Automated Testing Others||System Test Engineer||Guadalajara, MX, MX||Regular||Yes||
|Automated Testing Others||Senior Software Integration Test Engineer||Guadalajara, MX, MX||Senior||
|Automated Testing Others||System Integration Test Engineer||Guadalajara, MX, MX||Senior||Yes||