Our client is a leading global Financial markets data provider runs a number of change programs to deliver of high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in a real-time, high frequency and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging.
Manager, Project Manager is responsible for the project management of multiple projects which are delivering core platform capabilities, shared components and/or shared services for Client Desktop, providing project leadership, improve teams' delivery by building and supporting our delivery culture, and providing mentoring and guidance.
The Project Manager will define, scope and manage a couple of projects of medium size/complexity and will work with senior project and other management to ensure technical and/or business objectives are achieved. These projects will be within Client Desktop Platform portfolio, bridging the gap between technology and business change to deliver on the wider business strategy.
The technology delivery teams are currently enhancing a range of powerful Applications that help customers understand the markets and make crucial decisions while helping them to connect to the world's largest verified directory of financial professionals on a platform that acts as a catalyst for innovation in global financial services industry.
The role requires relationship management with technology peers and engineers in multiple locations, architects, other project managers, product managers and commercial stakeholders in other parts of the organization for Workspace and other key platforms.
• Actively leads the development of project artifacts, integrated project plans, resource and contingency plans, ensuring they are scoped and documented and that risk management processes are followed.
• Improve the delivery of client's Desktop, focusing on ensuring timeliness and effective ceremonies.
• Identifies and manages project and programme dependencies within Desktop and across D&A.
• Delivers software product projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization's project management framework.
• Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and commitment to make decisions.
• Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints.
• Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria.
• Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Identifies any problems with sponsorship.
• Manages complex, medium-scale and/or high-risk projects that involve multiple senior internal and external stakeholders.
• Leads workstreams and medium project teams throughout the project lifecycle delivering results that meet the success parameters stated in the business case.
• Manages the project budget request process and performs regular financial reviews, tracking and measuring financial performance and key metrics against plan and validating financial forecasts
• Extensive experience delivering multi-year complex technology deliverables.
• Authority in SAFe and project management processes.
• Define, scope and manage bounded areas of project work while supporting business and program management staff.
• Complexity and risk to be managed typically associated with projects requiring 10s of FTE (equivalent of fulltime) staff, in multiple locations and project duration.
• Must have: experience with Excel Add-ins
• 5+ years project managing engineering teams
• 3+ years managing global teams remotely
• Experience working in a regulated financial environment
• Change and Transformation expertise is key
• Microsoft Office suite advanced capability is highly advantageous
• Experience of managing projects involving MSFT add-ins for Office / Excel
• PMI or equivalent qualification advantageous
• Agile or SAFe qualified advantageous
• Awareness of Cloud technology and current software languages
Nice to have
• Financial industry domain
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
Technical Project Management