Our client is a leading global Financial Market data-provider who runs a number of change programs to deliver high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in a real-time, high frequency, and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging.
We are looking for a System Engineer who will participate in the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, and modification of medium to large infrastructures. System Engineering position providing Windows and Linux-centric engineering and Virtualization solutions supporting the Realtime Development environments.
Participates with team members to analyze requirements and assist in design recommendations for complex systems.
• Hardware and software configuration testing and certification
• Windows and Linux-based platform research and development
• Physical systems build and installation, etc.
• Providing technical documentation of designed systems and solutions
• Building, configuring, and supporting Virtualization farms and systems
• Troubleshooting skills
• System availability...hung, down
• Performance issues
• Connectivity issues
• Typically works on one or more projects at a time as a member of the project team(s), but can also provide support for multiple projects depending upon the nature of the assignment.
• Works on small to large, moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines.
• Accountable for the quality of own work, and management of own time.
• Responsible for estimating the effort required for own work, and checking other team member estimates.
• Accountable for compliance with agreed policies, standards, and procedures.
• Minimum 4 years experience as a Windows and Linux systems engineer or designer in an enterprise environment
• Understanding of MS Windows server (2003, 2008, 2012), Linux RHEL v6 and v7, OEL V6, and v7 and associated software
• In-depth knowledge of Windows and Linux-based hardware platforms (e.g., IBM, HP, Dell)
• Thorough understanding of the following knowledge areas: System builds, RAID storage, Disk configurations, TCP/IP stack configurations (DNS, NTP)
• Good communications skills (English)
Nice to have
• Experience with HP enterprise-class hardware (dl360/380/585, etc.)
• Experience with HP c7000 blade systems hardware
• Experience with VMWare ESX Server (vSphere) and Virtual Center V4, v5 and v6
• Windows Terminal server and/or Citrix experience
• Familiar with formal software development lifecycle.
• Good understanding of project management.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux-based scripting facilities
• Perl, C, PHP, VBScript, or Python development skills desired
• Experience in a market-data environment a plus!
• Has created, maintained, and deployed Windows and Linux "standard build" images
• Automation experience is desired
• Able to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment with little daily supervision
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or related field or equivalent work experience
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
IT Infrastructure Engineering
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Seniority||Send to a friend|
|IT Infrastructure Engineering||Team Lead / Ведущий специалист по IT-инфраструктуре||Remote Russia, RU||Senior||