If you're interested in working with extraordinary people and real professionals in one of the largest IT Service Companies, join Luxoft (13,000+ employees around the world), http://www.luxoft.com. We are looking for a candidate for one of our clients. As a travel provider laser-focused on low prices, we're growing faster than ever. At this project, we mix creativity, analytics, and a casual (albeit driven) environment in order to get new products and services to market quickly. In Luxoft, our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas. Great Place to Work Institute certifies us as one of the Top 10 companies to work for in Mexico, and we do it with a truly flexible environment, high impact projects in agile environments, a culture focused on results, training and strong support to grow your career.
As an Engineer working on an industry-leading Data Platform, you will collaborate with other experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high-quality results. You will have the chance to work with business partners and leaders to influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems.
We love contributing our work to open source communities, and have successfully done so with tools like Circus Train and Waggle Dance.
We guarantee you’ll learn a lot and won’t be bored!
- Write clear, efficient, and well-tested code.
- Be part of an agile team that is continuously learning and improving.
- Develop scalable and highly performant distributed systems with everything this entails (availability, monitoring, resiliency).
- Help us shape the future of Data Lakes.
- Take architectural ownership for various critical components and systems.
- Evolve development standards and design patterns.
- Deploy and maintain applications in production environments.
- Communicate and document solutions and design decisions.
- 3+ years of core and server-side Java programming (Spring, streams, lambdas).
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hadoop, Hive).
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, EMR, S3, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience with microservice architecture, design, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale.
- Experience working in an Agile way (scrum, code reviews, pair programming).
- Experience with performance and scalability tuning, algorithms, and computational complexity.
- Passionate about open source
Nice to have
Experience with Linux/Python (bash scripting, grep, sed, awk).
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.