Client is an all-in-one cloud-based (AWS 80%. Azure 20%) service provider with extensive use of Java development platform for web and mobile applications from Java Framework and SRE experience.
The Senior Java Solution Architect (SSA) is a hands-on member of the Engineering team responsible for collaborating with various Engineering, Product and business teams to define and develop technical, cloud-native solution architecture artifacts that support the development and delivery of new products and/or enhancements to existing products and to drive continuous modernization and improvement of clients core platform.
Working with CTO , the SSA will need deep knowledge and experience architecting and migrating solutions in .Java Framework as well as proven experience developing POCs, lead SRE efforts, architecture artifacts in a variety of formats, and applying modern cloud-based software engineering best practices based on 12 Factor App, SOLID, TOGAF, domain-driven design and microservices architecture patterns.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with senior Engineering management and team members in developing and executing against tactical plans toward implementation of defined technology strategy for the future of our solutions
- Develop artifacts to illustrate the technology to be used to solve business problems, the framework, tech stack and/or platform to be used, how modules will be developed and interact, how the platform will scale horizontally and/or vertically and how to integrate with other products internally and/or externally
- Help to develop plans for transforming existing products from a monolithic solution into a consistent, reliable and scalable, cloud deployable set of microservices enabling product business capabilities
- Drive innovation via prototyping and development of proofs-of-concept and delivery of new technology components and products to market
- Provide hands-on engineering support including software development/coding, 3rd party tool analysis, provisioning and configuration
- Development of enterprise architectural patterns that define best practices for software design and development as well as recommended use of enterprise technologies and services
Please note that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills, or working conditions associated with the job. While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed if circumstances change.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 10+ years experience developing .Java based solutions with a combination of .NET Framework 4.x, .NET Core 3+, .Java Framework based applications
- Prior proven experience designing and architecting scalable solutions using AWS services including S3, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, EKSECS, SES, ELK
- AWS Solutions Architect certification is a BIG PLUS
- Strong knowledge of developer productivity tools including Visual StudioVS .NET, Jira, BitbucketGit working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with great analytical and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, a sense of ownership, urgency, drive and passion for continuous learning
Nice to have
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Equivalent
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Seniority||Relocation Friendly||Send to a friend|
|Solution/Integration Architecture||5G & Cloud Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (Solutions Team)||Remote Canada, CA||Lead||