We've been engaged by a large European Bank to provide resources to their Markets Program development team working on a wide range of projects like CTB changes, risk, and regulatory projects, version upgrades, etc.
We are looking for a Java developer who will be a core member of a development team that designs, develops and supports software applications in the Corporate Actions domain.
The suitable candidate must also be able to work autonomously, and preferably assist other less-experienced members of the team.
The candidate should also be willing to work on legacy technology and has the technical expertise to migrate applications to newer technology.
The candidate should be a self-starter, does not mind writing documentation using reverse-engineering
- Work closely with the Team Leader, Business Analyst and users to understand the functional and system requirements.
- Writing code and unit tests, automation and conducting code reviews and testing
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, and delivering continuous improvement
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Participate in sprint planning and estimation of tasks
- Update documentation from analyzing the code, i.e., reverse-engineer
- Assist less-experienced members within the team
- Ability to think outside the box in problem-solving
- Ability to communicate technical topics to the non-technical community, e.g., Operational staff, Business Analysts and other stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience of at least 10 years in Core Java, Spring, Hibernate and SQL (should be able to write code for practical examples)
- Must have the following skills in Java and SQL
- Java collection
- OOPS concept
- Thread, transaction and exception management (Runtime exception)
- Design pattern
- SPRING-CORE (IOC/DI)
- Experience in core java (such as how hashmap and immutable classes work)
- Normalization (Create NF table design)
- SQL (practical coding for inner query, join and group by)
- Hands-on experience in Query optimization
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
- Should be able to understand complex systems and take the initiative, to seek out and accept new responsibilities
- Should be good in interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a team
Nice to have
• Bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit
• Behavioral Skills
• Curiosity and analysis skills and willingness to learn.
• Good Communication skills.
• Quality-focused with a good eye for detail.
• Capacity to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Willing to share knowledge and skills with other developers within the team.
• Creativity and Problem-solving attitude.
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.