In Securities Operations IT, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do, who value excellence, learning and integrity. Our culture places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace. Most importantly we are looking for someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture.
• passionate about modern development techniques; you will believe strongly in the benefits of test-driven development, automated testing and continuous integration
• appreciate industry best practices and always look for applications of these within your daily work. You will understand the importance of ensuring good code quality and will participate in code refactoring, pair programming and code reviews.
• understand and apply good software engineering principles and be able to work collaboratively with others to implement the best solutions.
• co-ordinate and participate in major releases, and has supported critical production defects.
• feel comfortable picking up any tasks required to deliver a feature as you have developed a well-rounded skill set through your involvement in all aspects of software delivery. (2-3 years)
• collaborate with other team members, institute technical excellence and deliver benefits to the business within budget
• write functional/automated tests using open source frameworks like FitNesse, Selenium, Spock, Cucumber.
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in software development ( development, testing, documentation)
• Strong Java Development skills in J2SE/J2EE applications
• Knowledge on messaging middleware like IBM Websphere MQ, TIBCO EMS and Kafka
• Knowledge and experience with Docker/k8s, Cloud, Elastic
• Strong DB skills with moderate to complex database knowledge (preferably Oracle DB skills)
• Scripting knowledge is desirable ( Perl, Python, Unix Shell scripting)
Nice to have
• Good knowledge of open source test frameworks
• Experience (min 2 years) in Agile methodology and working with a SCRUM team
• Basic understanding of clearing and settlement functions
• Expertise in Test-Driven development
• Hands-on experience in best practices in testing and developing of good/clean code
• Proven track record of delivering high volume, transaction-based systems
• Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Clear communication skills, written and verbal
• Team player who works well in a diverse environment
• Software life cycle with a focus on maintainability
• Adaptable to a business environment with fast-changing requirements and priorities.
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.