TSRD (Time Series Reference Data) is a system responsible for collecting, cleansing, storing and providing time series data used for market risk calculations. Data are loaded daily from multiple source systems for over 1.5 million instruments. The data are cleansed using AI algorithms and supplied to dozens of client systems and applications. Amount of data processed and number of supported interfaces causes high complexity and huge performance requirements. The server application is implemented in JAVA and deployed to Weblogic cluster. The data are stored in Oracle DB.
The current team responsible for application has around 15 developers, 10 QAs and 10 DevOps/L3 support engineers. The development is working in two SCRUM teams. The support and devops tasks are executed in Kanban.
The team is distributed between multiple locations in Wroclaw (majority), London and India.
3 weeks sprints
We seek for a Senior Java Developer to help us with challenging technical tasks. You will work on back-end server components and your tasks will include:
• Build high quality software in conformance with best practices and coding standards
• Analyse potential issues with race conditions, memory leaks, transactions, latency or throughput in distributed environment
• Work with tech leads, business analytics, project manager and release manager
• Take active part in code design and reviews
• Absorb and gain relevant subject expertise and with time, help more junior developers
• Take part in Proof of Concept sub-projects to investigate new technologies
• Participate in software design sessions and consultations
• Cooperate with .NET team to integrate external components (upstream and downstream components)
• Work in Agile software development environment
• 5+ years of Java development
• Good knowledge of Core Java (preferably Java EE), Spring, JDBC (creating queries, etc.), Hibernate
• Solid understanding of design principles/patterns
A lot of automation
• DB query experience (SQL, HQL)
• Experience with testing frameworks (Junit, Mockito)
• Experience with continuous integration systems (for example TeamCity, Maven)
• English language on good, communicative level
• Open mind, passion for coding, smart ideas
• Understanding the value of diversity in the workplace and dedication to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Nice to have
• Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
• Knowledge of J2EE application servers
• Experience with migration of applications to cloud
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.