The Olympus Markets Data Strategy team is building a next generation Data Fabric to solve the evolving Business, Analytical and Regulatory needs of Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG). The Fabric will bring together disparate data sources for the Global Markets organization and enable industry-leading analytics, client reporting, regulatory, surveillance, supervisory reporting(s) and data science solutions. It will also provide enhanced data quality controls , completeness and accuracy, reconciliations, entitlements, performance, management of data retention and archival per regulatory guidelines.
Olympus Risk program involves centralising the Risk data across Markets and have one golden source of data for all Risk reporting and analytics. Olympus will need to build pipelines for ingesting Risk data across various systems and provide access to Risk data to downstream consumers including Finance, Backoffice and Accounting systems.
The role of the API Developer is to build the design and establish the framework in order to expose and distribute the Olympus Risk data to wide variety of consumers including Finance, Front office Risk Systems, Trading Systems, Back office and Account systems. This should cover low latency access and Streaming, Push / Pull mechanisms depending on the type of consumers.
• Develop and design API framework to distribute/expose Risk data to Olympus consumers
• Low latency read / write API for Front office risk systems
• Provide SME support for development of automated QA scripts
• Setup monitoring and management for services
• 5+years of Development experience with expertise in the following:
o Experience in designing and building APIs (Java)
o Java server side development
o Streaming API
o Good understanding of API deployment/managing gateways and managing entitlements/authentication
o Strong Database and SQL experience (writing stored procedures, designing table schemas)
o Financial background (where possible)
o Apache Spark
o In-memory databases
o Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS, Impala, HIVE, HBASE, etc.)
• A history of delivering against agreed objectives
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Ability to pick up new concepts and apply the knowledge.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Enthusiastic and proactive approach with a willingness to learn
• Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design;
• The candidate is expected to be dynamic, flexible with a high energy level as this is a demanding and rapidly changing environment
Nice to have
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.