US based hedge fund is a quantitative asset management firm currently has over 600 employees spread across more than 25 offices in 15 countries. Fund develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes in global markets, utilising a proprietary research platform and risk management process. We seek to produce high-quality trading signals through our proprietary research platform to employ trading strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of trading algorithm and financial strategies - the foundation of a sustainable, global trading platform. Technologists research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually intense. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to solve undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people.
Project: We are seeking a strong engineer to build a large-scale, complex software system. He will take part in the whole pipeline from development to deployment and are used to dealing with enterprise infrastructure.
What You'll Bring: Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development and experience of how production systems integrate and can be supported. They should be used to discussing problems with their colleagues and have great interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Java
- Experience working with event-based systems.
- Strong understanding of data structure, algorithms.
- Ability to provide 2nd line support and documentation to own systems as well as collaborating well with operation teams is a must
- Experience working in Linux; familiar with bash scripting
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment preferred (GIT)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Fluency in English
Nice to have
- Proficient in Python is a bonus
- Working knowledge in Redis, Kafka is a bonus
- Working knowledge in distributed framework such as Spark, Flink is a bonus
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.