Architecture is one of the key pillars of the Bank's IT Strategy. The Group Architecture team drives the development of a clear target state architecture for the organisation, together with the governance processes, supporting tools, standards and frameworks required to deliver this. This requires strong collaboration and buy-in across the Bank, working closely with federated business and infrastructure teams.
The team working in Group Architecture play an important role in the delivery of the IT Strategy and impact the entire breadth of the Bank's business.
Working in a development team you will have full stack responsibility on internal applications and an exciting Open source project that underpin core Group Architecture capabilities.
The successful candidate will have good experience working with Java technologies, and will have a background in Oracle and Frontend development. They will contribute to the development of the new platform, redevelopment of old platforms and work with other teams in assisting them adopting it.
The candidate will need to have strong communication, relationship building and analytical skills to complement their technical skills.
• Develops source code, including descriptions, for all Software Components in accordance with Detailed Software Requirements specification, the functional design and the technical design document.
• Verifies the developed source code by reviews (4-eyes principle).
• Contributes to quality assurance by writing unit and functional tests.
• Designs components of the application.
• Contributes to problem analysis and root cause analysis.
• Integrates software components following the integration strategy.
• Verifies integrated software components by unit and integrated software testing according to the software test plan. Software test findings must be resolved.
• Supports creation of Software Product Training Materials, Software Product User Guides, and Software Product Deployment Instructions.
• Checks consistency of documents with the respective Software Product Release.
• Where applicable, manages maintenance of applications and performs technical change requests scheduled according to Release Management processes.
• Fixes software defects/bugs, measures and analyses code for quality.
• Collaborates with colleagues participating in other stages of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Mandatory to undergo Luxoft Hacker Earth Assessment
• 8+ years' experience of programming in Java, J2EE
• Experience working with SQL and Relational Databases, preferably SQL Server, Postges, Oracle.
• Experience working with JSP, JSTL, Struts, Spring and Hibernate.
• Experience working with SOAP or REST Services.
• Experience of working with Web Frameworks (AngularJS, NodeJS, Spring, Spark, d3js, Vue.js)
• Experienced in designing, developing and maintaining complex Enterprise applications.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Experience of working with teams across different global regions and time-zones
• JBPM or other workflow engines.
• Maven / Gradle / Ant
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proficient communication skills.
Nice to have
• Experience in an IT Asset Management, Configuration Management or Governance, Risk Management and Controls environment not a requirement, but a plus.
• Experience in Financial IT not a requirement, but a plus.
• Experience working on Open Source Software development
• Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent certification and/or relevant work experience)
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Keen to learn new skills and embrace challenge
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively and support team members
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Positive can do attitude, with excellent problem solving skills
• Embraces using unit/integration testing as a standard development practice
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.