The Data Engineering position is for a New York based program that sits within the Americas Data Office (ADO). Responsibilities include design, implementation and testing of standard enterprise-wide platforms to capture data assets including analysis and engineering of data represented through these platforms. You will be a member of a team responsible for creation of cloud-based production quality tools used in data governance - enabling the bank to better understand its data and meet regulatory requirements. This requires an ability to analyze large datasets from disparate sources and engineer solutions.
• Build out data trace solution to access, acquire, store, analyse and visualize multiple data sets on Enterprise Analytics Platform.
• Baseline lineage collation - System flows, attribute level lineage, filters, manual process transformations and data controls.
• Risk Assessment - review Baseline lineage in conjunction with known issues to design Data trace activities.
• Execute Data analysis for data completeness, transformation, filters and data control validation.
• Data Governance - collaborate with Finance, Risk and Treasury representatives and data stewards on capture of data assets for key outcomes.
• SQL - Sql Server, Oracle
• Big data platform experience - Hive, Hue, Impala, HDFS
• Experience with data analytics
• Workflow - Pentaho, Oozie
• Tools and environments - Apache Spark, Hadoop, CDSW, Anaconda
• Good to have: Graph - Virtuoso
• Good to have: Programing languages - Python, Scala, Java, Visual Basic
• Familiar with data governance tools and terminology such as Data Lineage, Data Trace, Critical Data Elements, Authoritative Data Source, Data Quality Management and controls.
Nice to have
Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform a plus
Familiar with AFC and CCAR processes.
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.