We are looking for a confident, creative and curious team player to join as a Data Engineer in Bangalore, as part of the team working with one of the largest retail Companies in UK. As a data engineer you will work in in team supporting one of projects across Client business such as supply chain, HR, finance etc. You will closely work in Agile environment with project team responsible for corresponding project end-2-end (from analysis to client facing front end).
Each project having its unique goal and team structure at the same time day to day activities for data engineers are similar across Company and includes strong collaboration with teams in UK, Poland and India and hands-on development of business critical systems.
As part of team you will have unique chance to work in various projects inside retail domain, share experience and learn from experts in both business and data in leading international Company
- Produce the component design and low-level design with guidance.
- Learn and apply technologies, techniques and methodologies that add value to my team.
- Lead development of simple feature used by customers and colleagues
- Fully participate in retrospectives and other team ceremonies
- Identify value of tasks & always work on the highest priority items
- Mentor more junior engineers in the team to support their up-skilling
- Constant refactoring of produced code
- Work in Test-driven environment with all responsible positive and negative test cases development
- Development of high quality code that can lead to rapid delivery
- 10 to 12 years of experience in IT
- 8+ years of experience with handing end-to-end development, ideally data engineering
- Apache Hive
- Apache Spark
- Apache Kafka
- SQL/NO SQL
- Version control & branching strategies
- Knowledge of patterns, best practices and algorithms
Nice to have
Azure Cloud Platform
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.