We seek to strengthen our Gothenburg team with a person having deep knowledge and long experience from working in automotive domain and in particular with IVI and Digital Cockpit solutions. We believe you are a person with a genuine interest in system- and software architectural work. As a person you need to be flexible and self-motivated and open for a challenge in an international work climate. You also need to have excellent communication skills and leadership skills. It's appreciated if you have experience from working as a full stack software developer in the past, covering the full span from pixel to silicon. You also need to have a good understanding of requirements management, configuration management and test management.
You will be part of a team developing state of the art solutions for automated integration of complete vehicle SW. Your everyday work will vary over time, include both operational and strategic tasks, and involve collaboration with many stakeholders within the organisation. It ranges from working in client projects, coaching in delivery projects and supporting pre-sales. Travel is needed from time to time, depending on where in the world our clients are located.
As a Configuration Manager Architect you will work with configuration identification, change management, configuration status accounting, configuration verification review and CM audit. You will work with and have a great impact on; processes, projects, baselines, builds, specifications, reports, tests, quality, versions, changes, tools, scripts, releases etc. All that is needed to get a good implementation of Configuration Management and to have a working Software Factory at Volvo Cars R&D.
- Support Software Factory in our CI/CD projects with Configuration Management knowledge.
- Drive projects where Configuration Management is used to fulfil legal requirements, and quality requirements.
- Engaging with strategic, Volvo Cars R&D, projects to ensure Configuration Management is included.
- Create processes, and standards, to support Configuration Management at Software Factory, or as a part of the Configuration Management network at Volvo Cars R&D.
- Take part in the daily Software Factory work, with scripts, branching, source code, builds, baselines, documentation etc.
- Mentoring the organization on Configuration Management, policies, and procedures.
- M.Sc. in Electrical and/or Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar relevant experience.
- > 10 years of experience as SW Architect and Developer of automotive software
- > 3 years of experience working with Release and Configuration Management
- SW Process models and standards, such as ASPICE, SAFe and overview of V Cycle
- Experience of working with ISO 26262 - Functional Safety
- Experience of working with ISO 21434 - Cyber Security and Software Update Management System (SUMS),
UN R156 and ISO 24089
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and in text. Fluent in English language.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
Nice to have
- Experience from being an OEM supplier
- Experience of DevOps/CI, working with automation, infrastructure, tooling, and developer workflows.
- Programming languages, e.g. C/C++, Python
- Experience from working in an international environment
- Experience of requirement- and test management- AUTOSAR development or integration
- Tools, such as Git CLI, Gerrit, GitLab, Jenkins, Zuul, ConfigHub, Atlassian Suite
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
Line of Business