Large US hedge fund is looking for experienced C++ developers with some finance experience to help work on our global trading systems and to assist in porting them to a new distributed platform. This is a mixed code base of legacy C++98 and modern C++17/20, that is looking to move from a large monolithic system to a distributed platform.
The trading systems require very low latency and optimized C++ that is robust and well tested.
The team runs on a weekly sprint process, with daily "stand ups" over zoom with developers from around the world.
We are C++ fanatics, using git, Jira, Gitlab, cmake, Nix, gcc, clang, etc.
We love people who like to be "close to metal" and understand how computers really work under the hood, such as what a cache miss is, what a TLB miss is, what the costs of branch misprediction are, how to avoid kernel context switches, etc.
We also love people who enjoy modern financial markets, and want to make an impact on how they function, driving the world towards every increasing efficiency.
We like studying programming languages and their evolution, knowing where C++23 and C++26 are going, and generally keeping informed about technology.
C++98 through C++11 minimum, prefer experience with 14, 17, and 20
- Strong algorithms and software engineering skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to refactor code safely and efficiently
- Strong unit testing skills
- Willingness to do what is needed to get the job done
- Humility, and an ability to take code review constructive criticism well
- Willingness to perform code reviews for others in a constructive manner
Nice to have
- Knowledge of various open source libraries such as Boost, gtest, Abseil, DPDK, etc
- Trading systems experience with equities, futures, FX, or commodities
- Experience with market protocols such as FIX, ITCH, or OUCH
- Experience processing market data
- Experience with message buses such as Kafka, Pulsar, or Aeron
- Distributed systems experience
- Heavy template meta programming, particularly in modern C++17 and beyond style
- CI/CD and Devops experience, especially with Gitlab
- Python or Java exposure
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.