The Technical Support Engineer will support client products from a major network infrastructure manufacturer, working directly with the partners and customers.
The Engineer will work with a highly knowledgeable group of customers and act as an escalation point for other groups within the organization.
WORKING ON SHIFTS to cover 8 am - 21 pm
• Provide L1 and L2 Support for VARs, Distributors, service providers, enterprise customers, and end users via telephone, e-mail, and web.
• Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
• Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, escalation, and engineering.
• Participate in cross-functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, KB and other documentation activities.
• Provide on-site support for customers when needed.
• English fluency both written and spoken
• From a technical college or university with networking, security, programming and NFV experience, like Engineering or Computer Science Degree preferred.
• Associate network knowledge (or higher) preferred - JNCIA (CCNA) or ability to achieve this within 6 months.
• Eager to learn technology, interest in programming and scripting
• Network fundamentals including routing, switching and security technologies
• Excellent team player
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4(TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking QoS, STP, RSTP, OSPF, RIP, VRRP, IGMP, MPLS, Multicast routing protocols)
• Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Internet, its growth, and related new technologies.
• Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment
• L1 requirement
• 2-3+ years of experience in a support role (field engineers or as technical support engineer)
• Experience mentoring junior team members
• Achieved a minimum of JNCIS certification and preferably JNCIP (CCNP or eq.) level certification
• Working experience with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools
• Presentation skills
• Strong problem-solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
• Proven escalation management and leadership skills
• Able to multitask when several critical issues happen simultaneously
Nice to have
Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
Good understanding of TCP/IP
Ability to analyze packet captures
Excellent client-facing skills
Romanian: C2 Proficient
English: C1 Advanced
French: A2 Elementary
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
Technical Support (SL1)
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Seniority||Relocation Friendly||Send to a friend|
|Technical Support (SL1)||Switching L1/L2Technical Support Engineer||Remote Romania, RO||Regular||
|Technical Support (SL1)||Switching L2 Technical Support Engineer||Remote Romania, RO||Regular||
|Technical Support (SL1)||Routing L1/L2 Technical Support Engineer||Remote Romania, RO||Junior||