A consumer electronics reliability team is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in creation and execution of reliability tests and identification of potential failure modes. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing novel test methodologies to validate the robustness of products, sub-assemblies, modules, and supplier technologies. In addition, the candidate will coordinate failure analysis to identify root causes and corrective actions.
• Preparing concise and detailed reliability test plans
• Developing new reliability tests, procedures, and specifications
• Reporting test results in clearly organized formats, and with emphasis or prioritization to meet challenging project deadlines
• Analyzing test data to assist cross-functional teams' failure analysis and offer the basis of reliability decision making
• Scoping state-of-the-art techniques to understand test failure's root cause. Interacting with diverse cross-functional teammates to communicate test results and provide inputs for problem-solving as a whole team.
• Familiar with environmental or mechanical stress tests, such as high temperature high humidity, drop, vibration test; or some knowledge of test standards from JEDEC, IEC, ASTM...
• Familiar with common failure analysis techniques such as microscopy, X-ray, CT-scan, SEM, EDS, FTIR...
• Familiar with DOE, FMEA, SPC. Some level of statistics knowledge, or Six Sigma certification.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: the candidate must feel comfortable expressing opinions in front of the audience at all grades. Able to stand up for what is right based on data, meanwhile being open-minded and thus able to listen and understand other team members' thoughts.
• Multi-tasking and good at time management so as to report data/results timely under big-time pressure.
• Strong attention to detail among a large amount of technical data.
• Eager to step out of comfort zone to explore uncharted territories, which may need some self-learning or develop some new skills for new projects or un-precedent tasks.
• Good at both verbal and written English.
• Able to travel unrestrictedly.
Nice to have
• Bachelor degree or above in science or engineering. Major in electronic engineering is preferred.
• Some experience in SMT, or PCB/electronic chip industry, or system/component reliability engineering will be ideal.
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
Line of Business