As a Software Development Engineer II, you'll be part of an agile team of industry leading TypeScript engineers upon Tesco's People Transformation. You will be creating the future Colleague & Scheduling platforms & tools, solving problems, and developing new features through quality, scalable, performant and maintainable technical solutions. The solutions that you and your team will be responsible for will have a global reach, impacting hundreds of thousands of Tesco colleagues. Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the business.
The following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures.
Overall Experience of 7 to 10 years of experience
• TypeScript: Advanced
• React: Advanced
• Node.js: Regular
• Functional approach: Nice to have
• Reactive approach (e.g. rxJS, NestJS):
• Monorepos: Nice to have
• Testing (e.g. Unit Tests, E2E Tests): Basic
• Written & spoken English: Advanced
• 2+ years of commercial software development experience in JS / TypeScript
• Experience of running and supporting software in production (dev-ops approach)
• Problem solving, analysis and computational skills. You are comfortable designing systems and reasoning about them. When tackling problems, you take a thorough and logical approach to solving them and you retain ownership through to resolution.
• Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability
• Experience working within an e-commerce or at-scale business where security, availability and reliability are valued
• Depth of professional software engineering experience and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Nice to have
Agile Methodology, .NET Core
English: C2 Proficient
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Seniority||Send to a friend|