Testing a suite of Commodity Trading, Derivatives and Reporting Applications, creating regression test packs and working with the Test Manager to automate the testing.
Background: our client uses a number of systems to meet the Physical Trading & Derivatives system requirements of its oil and metals business, which are a mix of third party systems and in-house applications. The systems are used for Risk Management, Profit & Loss reporting, Position Reporting and Data Warehousing.
As new requirements come from the business or as a result of upgrades by 3rd party vendors, the systems require testing of the new functionality. Testing may also be required as a result of changes to trading systems used in the Back and Middle Office which feed into the Front Office systems.
The project team use a blend of agile & waterfall approach to development and JIRA is used to track the project iterations and development. Testing does not yet incorporate fully agile frameworks, and much of it is manual.
The regression test packs need to be extended so that each test can be granulated into a number of steps, to eventually be automated using automation tool such as QTP.
A strategic programme to replace a number of 3rd party systems to support business has begun. As a result, the tester will need to get more involved in system testing of brand new in-house applications using the testing best practices put forward by the head of QA.
• Execute detailed testing of new functionality and regression testing of existing functionality through iteration cycles
• Migrate regression tests onto Jira
• Assist with the creation of automated tests
• Assist with non-functional and performance testing as required by the Test Manager
• Improve structure of test scripts and use Jira to store and execute scripts going forward
• Work closely with the project team as requirements are being discussed, given input into the process and making sure that requirements are testable
• Raise defects found within the release with clear descriptions. Manage defects through to closure
• System testing experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Ability to write tests against acceptance criteria
• Able to collaborate with Developers on solutions
• Understanding and practical application of Exploratory testing
• Knowledge of P&L and experience in working with Front Office Reporting applications
• Use of Test Management tool (JIRA or alike)
• Excellent verbal, numerical and written skills
• Analytical and methodical approach to testing
Nice to have
• Good experience testing on iterative projects applying agile principles
• Some experience in working with financial reporting applications
• Experience in working in a test team in the financial or commodities trading sector with a good understanding of derivatives
• Experience in turning manual tests into automated tests
• An understanding and practical application of TDD and automated test frameworks
• Experience of automation tools such as QTP, TestComplete, Selenium or other Open source tools
• Experience of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Team City, Cruise Control
• Experience of Unit testing | White box testing of applications written in Scala/Java
• Experience of QlikView and Data Warehousing Concept.
• Use of Confluence, Subversion or Wiki for documentation versioning
Russian: C2 Proficient
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.