About the Project
Our client is looking for Product Release Support Engineers with Networking and Test Automation skillset, for the Team which is currently defining and maintaining the Quality Release Gate for our Customer. This Team has the ownership to define the process, debug all aspects of the Products' functionality in its release cycle and work closely together with our Test and Framework Development Team to identify root causes, raise issues accordingly to feature or test developers and triage problems. This team also collaborates closely with the Customer's Developer Team on feature issues and thus reduce the number of flaws in the Product. The Customer relies on us to keep a healthy and real PASS rate of the tests in order to maintain a high performance product and demonstrable quality metrics (Quality Gate). The process needs to scale up to the agile release strategy of the Customer's products.
Thus, the ideal candidate has deep knowledge of computer networking, as well as automation skills necessary to understand and debug efficiently the various testing scenarios (strong preference is Python, as the framework and tests are written in Python). Prior experience with distributed systems is highly desirable.
Our current team: Our current Test and Framework Development Team is comprised of experienced Automation and Manual QA Engineers, working in an agile process of Product Lifecycle Management. This team provides close assistance to the Release Support Team.
Python 2.x /3.x, Atlassian Suite, VMWare, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git, KVM/vCenter, Linux, Docker, Ixia,
Opportunities for you
Debug all functional aspects of the Products and Test Framework, gaining experience in a wide area of technologies and devices (Advanced Applied Python knowledge, Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Cumulus, etc.). Work in a Docker environment. Define the Quality Gate process with the help of our existing team, maintaining it and having ownership over it. Collaborate closely with our local team and with the Customer's team. Contribute to automated testcase development and framework development when the QG is GREEN and/or workload need is low (e.g. between release-end - release-start) - to keep a flexible, challenging work content and thus keep people motivation levels high, as well as work efficiency.
- Contribute to the quality strategy of the products by developing and maintaining the new Quality Release Gate process
- Run and debug automated integration and system tests in Python
- Work closely with the engineering team to isolate and resolve defects in a timely manner
- Work closely with our local team to debug framework and test related issues
- Create bug reports when issues arise and track them through completion.
- Triage failures per severity and prioritize as necessary.
- Contribute to automation and framework development when needed.
- Demonstrated experience in product support and/or product release support processes
- Good Experience in testing / debugging issues for highly scalable, distributed systems and data center products
- Demonstrable experience in Python - 2 years minimum
- Very good (CCNP level) knowledge of computer networking: L2/L3 network protocols, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switching/routing algorithms, data center networks, EVPN + VXLAN, BGP .
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following vendors' products for 3 years minimum: Cisco IOS/NXOS, Arista, Cumulus.
- Atlassian or equivalent suite
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux operating systems, shell scripting and command line tools
- Very good troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to define independently priorities, objectives, and tasks. Proactive and self-starter personality. Able to work in a startup Customer environment. Motivated and top-performer.
Nice to have
- Previous experience with process definition
- Experience with RESTful APIs programming and related technologies
- Familiar with virtualization/containerization technologies
- Familiarity with multiple Network Operating Systems such as Cisco NXOS, Arista EOS, Cumulus Linux, OpenSwitch, SONiC
- Previous experiences on writing tools or frameworks to facilitate product testing
Spine-leaf datacenter architectures, BGP (Border Gateway Protocol), OSPF (Open Shortest Path First), Automation, Juniper, Cisco Switches/Routers, Arista, Automation QA, VMware vCenter, VPN technologies (eVPN), VxLAN,
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
Spanish: B1 Intermediate
Romanian: C2 Proficient
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.