Solution Architecture & Migration is seeking to fill Principal Technical Architect (PTA) positions in support of the Cloud First Strategy to provide architecture and migration support services to client applications / DevSecOps (DSO) teams within client Technology & Operations.
The Solution Architecture & Migration Team provides architecture and connectivity design, workload optimization and execution support for migrating applications to cloud computing leveraging Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) as offered by partner Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs). Our Partner Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs) include Amazon Web Services (AWS), IBM Cloud and Microsoft Azure. PTAs will support our clients in their cloud migrations and will work to enhance, optimize, and implement hosted solutions at the lowest possible annual recurring cost.
As part of our collaborative engagement model, the PTA will:
1) Perform joint assessments with Microsoft Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs) and Public Cloud Solution Architects while interviewing clients to understand application stack and infrastructure present mode of operations (PMO).
2) Collaborate with Microsoft Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs), DSO teams, CSO and application SMEs to identify, compile and analyze data for workload optimization and cloud migration planning.
3) Provide consultative support to application teams to include assessment of connectivity requirements, VNet /VPC and subnet design, CSP service recommendations in collaboration with Microsoft CSAs.
4) Collaborate with assigned SSEs on automation scripting, connectivity and environment configuration tasks as defined in client migration plans necessary to migrate applications to their target state cloud hosting model.
5) Assure that application designs include automation to support continuous integration / delivery (CI/CD) processes, automate environment build processes and utilize IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings to optimize client implementations as part of a future mode of operations (FMO).
6) Assure that application designs adhere to Base 6 Architecture Principles, Public Cloud Policies, Public Cloud Approved Design Patterns and ASPR Security Requirements.
As a part of our vision and charter, the Solution Architecture & Migration (SAM) Team will help ATO adopt Cloud native solutions for new and "invest leveragability" applications. PTAs will work with SAM Team Leadership, PTAs, business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives and migrations as part of ATO's effort to transform cost structure and drive automation.
• Complete high level architectural designs that adopt CI/CD processes, automated environment build, client workflow analysis and adopt IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings to optimize client implementations.
• Work with SAM leadership, business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction.
• Complete Public Cloud Pre-Assessment Questionnaires, High Level Architecture and Bastion VNet /VPC Requirements for applications targeted for migration to Public Cloud.
• Provide SME consultative support for application stack alignment and refactoring to CSP services based on recommended HLA.
• Provide SME consultative support for connectivity for SaaS solutions requiring on premise connectivity and SaaS solutions customized for exclusive Client utilization.
• 8-10 years of relevant work experience leading the design of the system, logical and physical architecture in collaboration with business partners and SCRUM teams.
• 8-10 years of relevant work experience working with business/product owners to guide defining new requirements.
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience working with SOAP and REST APIs / microservices design
• Applied experience with implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment.
• At least two years of applied experience in Microsoft Azure hosting.
• At least 5 years of building application software, test automation, or infrastructure as code.
• At least 2 years of experience with cloud automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform) and automation tools (Azure Resource Manager Templates, Cloud Formation).
• Migration experience moving on premise applications to cloud environments (Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud).
• Experience integrating automated testing and CI/CD into engineering pipelines.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills and good listening skills.
• Experience with SAFe Agile, Agile Release Trains or strong aptitude to work in agile environment.
• Microsoft Certified Azure Architect
Nice to have
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
• Experience with Microservices and related deployment technologies to include Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Armada, HELM and OpsSimple.
• Applied experience with orchestrator and provisioning technologies for container-based platforms including Kubernetes, Docker, Armada, DryDock, and HELM.
• Working knowledge of Cloud (IaaS, PaaS) Object Storage include Ceph, OpenStack Swift, Amazon S3, Azure Storage - Block Blob.
• Implementation with Cloud monitoring and logging to include Prometheus, ELK, Logstash well as CSP functionality including Amazon CloudTrail and Azure Monitor Log Analytics.
• Experience with Relational DBs to include MariaDB, PostgreSQL and Oracle with GoldenGate or Data Guard.
• Experience with AWS Database Migration Service, Aurora, Redshift, DynamoDB or Amazon DocumentDB.
• Experience with Azure Database Migration Service, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, Azure Cache for Redis or Azure Database for MariaDB.
• Experience with NonSQL DB technologies to include MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Datastax Cassandra and Hadoop.
• Applied cloud load balancing design using NGINX, HAProxy, Incapsula, DigitalOcean or CSP-based technologies including AWS Load Balancing or Azure Load Balancer.
• Connectivity implementation experience including Azure ExpressRoutes and AWS Direct Connect.
• Expertise and proficiency in security implementation best practices using CSP offerings to include Azure Application (ASGs) and Network Security Groups (NSGs), Managed Azure Security, Azure Key Vault, Amazon EC2 Security Groups, AWS Shield, AWS IAM, AWS Key Management Service and Amazon Macie.
English: C2 Proficient
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
IT Infrastructure Engineering