The Change Management team is responsible for the planning and delivery of the strategic Change portfolio. The Change delivery portfolio is delivered across 8 key regional portfolios of work (Front Office, and Back Office which includes: Regulatory Compliance & Operations, Finance, Risk & Data, Human Resources, Technology, and Planning).
This vacancy is for a PMO within the Front Office Change Portfolio; mainly supporting a number of change programmes and projects within the Securities Front Office portfolio.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Take action to implement central PMO requests and reporting cadence within the Operations portfolio, e.g. check fortnightly Planview status updates have been actioned, challenge project / programme managers where progression does not seem to be made
• Prepare project and programme status reports for key forums including the following data items: RAID logs (which roll up into the central RAID log) and programme / project dashboards, milestones, tracking and analysis of actuals vs forecast across the full project portfolio across multiple sources of funding.
• Coordinate RAID creation, update and classification, including recommendation of which forum RAID items should be reported to / is relevant for.
• Ensure key RAID items are captured in Planview to ensure upward reporting.
• Ensure RAID data quality is up-to-date ie no over-due items and open items are closed promptly.
• Support the Project Manager in drafting or reviewing key deliverables (as appropriate) produced across the portfolio for completeness and accuracy against policy and delivery lifecycle minimum standards.
• Submit deliverables for Programme Committee and / or Bank Head Office review to avoid late / overdue requests.
• Provide document controls - including project documentation storage, version control and deliverable review to assure adherence to project delivery lifecycle methodology and minimum standards.
• Creation of minutes and MI tailored to the target audience. Track actions to completion, providing MI on progress.
• Advise and escalate issues / general concerns about portfolio performance to the portfolio manager.
• Co-ordinate project and programme planning with the Programme / Project Managers - including critical path planning, milestone level 'grading', detailed financial tracking of actual spend vs forecast for the programme / projects (working with Central PMO), and 'what if' impact analysis in response to central Central PMO challenges.
• Ensure projects are tracked appropriately in Planview or other toolset, including resources and all financials as well as regular project updates feed into management reporting.
• Coordinate project assurance controls including stage-gate management, change control, workshop / meeting facilitation, document preparation and approval as well as allocation of resources and purchase order management.
• Oversee "on-going" key project documentation and ensure timely refresh e.g. of the RACI, Stakeholder and Governance Plan, Delivery Control management, resource and budget tracking.
• Provide ad hoc support across the portfolio for the Portfolio Manager and key stakeholders as required.
• Co-ordinate the response to oversight by risk and control teams external the Change - working with the portfolio lead to agree / authorize / track what is shared as well as closure of any actions arising from their review.
Financials & Resourcing:
• Set up and maintain (in alignment with Central PMO ie using their reports) a financials register to track / anticipate key financial events across the portfolio. Escalate when expected requisitons / invoices not received per project plan.
• Support the Project Manager(s) in maintaining accurate resource and finance forecasts in Planview, updating records to reflect named resources once available. Escalate budget issues as they emerge, supporting any change requests for additional funding as necessary.
• Provide regular financial and resourcing updates to portfolio stakeholders as part of regular reporting and ensure that there is regular review of actuals and update of forecast; prompt response to firedrills; regular management of invoices and requisitions by project managers.
• Ensure all views of financials are consistent and there are no surprises, e.g. contingency is understood and regularly challenged / released.
• Track benefits from projects, programmes and the portfolio as a whole and hold sponsors and users accountable for reporting the delivery of these benefits on time. Working closely with the Control, Data and Project Accounting team.
• When necessary raise requisitions / process invoices on behalf of project managers.
• Process and procedure expertise - able to champion the implementation of the toolset and processes, influencing portfolio manager as well as programme and project managers to adhere to Bank's requirements.
Continuous Improvement / Team Development:
• Own the schedule of on-boarding training to new Change team members within the portfolio; scheduling sessions with the various SME's in central PMO.
• Contribute to the combined PMO function across EMEA Bank and Securities in order to improve the control, reporting and escalation of issues and risks.
• Provide continuous enhancements and lead the delivery of improvements to project management standards, tools and methods in order to support the strategic direction of the Central PMO.
• Manage small improvement development projects for CPMO either under investment or BAU.
MUST HAVE: Project Management Office (PMO) experience in Banking at Portfolio level under WATERFALL methodology
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Excel - intermediate standard; knowledge of how to download and manipulate large data sets e.g. define project management dashboards from multiple reports
• Oracle financials or equivalent toolset - experience in Payables module
• Previous experience of Planview and Power BI or equivalent toolset
• MS Office - intermediate knowledge of Powerpoint, Word, Visio
• Sharepoint - intermediate knowledge
• Waterfall project delivery lifecycle knowledge including:
o Knowledge of project management processes, including RAID log management, financials and resource management
o Experience of defining requirements / implementing the project management framework for others to adhere to (which itself is in line with policy), from initiation through to project closure / archive and championing adherence
o Experience of supporting working groups / steering committees and ensuring minutes are taken
o Management of project books and records throughout the lifetime of a project
• Experience of managing project baselines / project change control (scope, plan, budget)
• Experience of budget management and structuring financials across a programme for streamlined and consistent update by the rest of the team
• Experience in influencing others to adhere to project lifecycle and production of required documentation and owning the cadence thereof
Education / Qualifications:
• Formal project management training (e.g. Prince II Foundation, PMI, APM) required
• A level education or equivalent
• Degree or equivalent work experience
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship and communication skills, able to collaborate and partner with all areas of Change, Technology and the business.
• Demonstrable track record of excellent stakeholder management, managing multiple stakeholders and proven ability to deal professionally with senior management.
• Demonstrable track record of building relationships across diverse skill sets and across the organization.
• Strategic mindset, with the ability to focus on both big picture and practical impact.
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to collaborate and partner across the firm and build an internal as well as external network.
• Proactive, results driven, with a strong sense of accountability and the ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
• Strong understanding of project financial management and demonstrable experience of influencing project managers to manage financials in a standard way with regular review and update.
• Strong numerical skills
• The willingness to ensure that tasks are delived in a timely manner and to a high standard
Nice to have
• Degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience of supporting both Waterfall, Agile and combinations of "Prince 2 agile" delivery - how to balance the requirements / benefits of structured reporting vs agile delivery
English: C2 Proficient
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.