The Change Management team is responsible for the planning and delivery of the strategic Change portfolio. The Change delivery portfolio is delivered across 8 key regional portfolios of work (Front Office, and Back Office which includes: Regulatory Compliance & Operations, Finance, Risk & Data, Human Resources, Technology, and Planning).
This vacancy is for a PMO within the Back Office Change Portfolio; supporting a number of projects, and working alongside the other Back Office In Line PMOs.
The main responsibilities of the In Line Project PMO are:
• Support and guide the Project Manager(s) in planning, controlling, monitoring and organizing the project, ensuring compliance with governance, reporting and financial controls.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Take action to implement central PMO requests and reporting cadence within the project, e.g. ensure fortnightly Planview status updates have been actioned, responding to requests for updates to Executive Reports and Governance Forums.
• Support project reporting e.g. through drafting status updates in Planview, creation of the regular project reporting / Steering Committee / Working Group pack; working with the project manager to ensure appropriate content. Content to include: project status dashboards, RAID, milestones, tracking and analysis of actuals vs forecast.
• Creation of minutes and MI tailored for the target audience.
• Support the Project Manager in RAID creation, classification, updates and reporting, coordinating scheduling and production of papers for any regular forums for RAID review.
• Ensure key RAID items are captured in Planview to ensure upward reporting.
• Ensure RAID data quality is up-to-date ie no over-due items and open items are closed promptly.
• Support the Project Manager in drafting or reviewing key deliverables (as appropriate) produced across the project(s) for completeness and accuracy against policy and delivery lifecycle minimum standards.
• Ensure all project information is update to date and accurate in Planview, including e.g. project drivers, scope and SOX impact in Planview.
• Work with Central PMO project assurance to schedule key checkpoints for external review of key deliverables / documentation.
• Provide document controls – including project documentation storage, version control and deliverable review to ensure adherence to project delivery lifecycle methodology and minimum standards.
• Oversee ‘on-going’ key project documentation and ensure timely refresh e.g. of the RACI, Stakeholder and Governance Plan, Delivery Control management, resource and budget tracking.
• Implement the Central PMO calendar across the project(s) being supported, ensuring that the policy and project delivery controls are followed at all times, promptly escalating issues, risks and continuous improvement suggestions to the Project Managers / Central PMO.
• Create an audit trail of key project decisions by producing minutes and tracked actions for key project meetings.
• Support the Project Manager(s) in establishing a change control process, documenting and storing all decisions and changes agreed, ensuring Impact Assessments have been undertaken prior to decision.
• Support the Project Manager(s) with project planning and scheduling – including plan creation and maintenance, critical path planning, milestone level ‘grading’ and maintenance of key milestones in Planview.
• Coordinate project assurance controls including stage-gate management, workshop / meeting facilitation, document preparation and approval as well as allocation of resources and purchase order management.
• Advise and escalate issues / general concerns about project performance to the Project Manager(s) / In Line Portfolio PMO or Central PMO.
Financials & Resourcing:
• Support the Project Manager(s) in maintaining accurate resource and finance forecasts in Planview, updating records to reflect named resources once available. Escalate budget issues as they emerge, supporting any change requests for additional funding as necessary.
• Support the Project Manager(s) in capturing all project Benefits and/or Increase to BAU Costs in Planview.
• Provide regular financial and resourcing updates to project stakeholders as part of regular reporting.
• Management of financials and resourcing – ensure there is regular review of actuals and update of forecast; prompt response to fire drills; regular management of invoices and requisitions by project managers.
• Ensure all views of financials are consistent and there are no surprises, e.g. contingency is understood and regularly challenged / released.
• Providing support and guidance to Project Manager(s) and the wider project team to ensure compliance with the standards and change policy.
Continuous Improvement / Team Development:
• Participate in the wider Central PMO team, contributing to team development initiatives.
• Identify continuous enhancements and support the delivery of improvements to project management standards, tools and methods in order to support the strategic direction of the Central PMO.
• Cover other PMO colleagues when required e.g. during scheduled absence
Project Management Office (PMO) experience in Waterfall methodology
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Excel – intermediate standard; knowledge of how to download and manipulate large data sets e.g. define project management dashboards from multiple reports
• Oracle financials or equivalent toolset – experience in Payables module
• Previous experience of Planview and Power BI or equivalent toolset
• MS Office – intermediate knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Visio
• SharePoint – intermediate knowledge
• Waterfall project delivery lifecycle knowledge including:
o Knowledge of project management processes, including RAID log management, financials and resource management
o Experience of defining requirements / implementing the project management framework for others to adhere to (which itself is in line with policy), from initiation through to project closure / archive and championing adherence
o Experience of supporting working groups / steering committees and ensuring minutes are taken
o Management of project books and records throughout the lifetime of a project
• Experience of managing project baselines / project change control (scope, plan, budget)
• Experience of budget management and structuring financials across a programme for streamlined and consistent update by the rest of the team
• Experience in influencing others to adhere to project lifecycle and production of required documentation and owning the cadence thereof
Education / Qualifications:
• Formal project management training (e.g. Prince II Foundation, PMI, APM) required
• A level education or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship and communication skills, able to collaborate and partner with all areas of Change, Technology and the business.
• Demonstrable track record of excellent stakeholder management, managing multiple stakeholders and proven ability to deal professionally with senior management.
• Demonstrable track record of building relationships across diverse skill sets and across the organization.
• Strategic mindset, with the ability to focus on both big picture and practical impact.
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to collaborate and partner across the firm and build an internal as well as external network.
• Proactive, results driven, with a strong sense of accountability and the ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
• Strong understanding of project financial management and demonstrable experience of influencing project managers to manage financials in a standard way with regular review and update.
• Strong numerical skills
• The willingness to ensure that tasks are delived in a timely manner and to a high standard
Nice to have
• Experience of supporting both Waterfall, Agile and combinations of “Prince 2 agile” delivery - how to balance the requirements / benefits of structured reporting vs agile delivery
• Degree or equivalent work experience
English: C2 Proficient
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.