Customer: Large US based hedge fund with almost 650 HC
Project: Alpha/Meta generation - Distributed platform to run financial model simulations at large scale
The Role: As an Engineer within the Core Technology DevOps team, you will work closely with other technologists, researchers and portfolio managers, monitoring, developing systems and automation tools to support our Alpha/Metagen production systems. The role requires rotating on-call coverage and significant effort for problem solving and internal client support.
• Monitoring and supporting our software infrastructure and model production system; Investigating and troubleshooting issues
• Supporting internal clients' requests
• Developing/Debugging software systems in Python
• Working with tools and technologies such as MySQL, Jenkins, Airflow, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab/Gitlab CI
• Assembling platforms and frameworks to automate business processes
• Collaborating with internal technology, research and portfolio management teams
What You'll Bring:
• Experience with SQL query
• Experience working in Linux; familiar with bash scripting
• Strong debugging, problem solving skills with a go-getter attitude
• Great support attitude (our job is to make life easier for other teams)
• Demonstrated automation mindset; Experience with monitoring and automation
• Ability to create script in Python
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; Fluency in the English language
• Ability to self-organize and prioritize work
• Effectiveness in working both independently and in a team setting
Some technical highlights are: Linux fundamentals and Bash scripting, SQL query, Python (basic level).
Nice to have
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
Technical Support (SL3)