Working within the CtB Risk and Finance IT team focusing primarily on the CRR2 project. Responsibilities include understanding the scope of the project, determining how it will impact users and relevant systems / applications, specifying IT requirements back to the project team and then leading unit and system testing. The CtB team works closely with other technology teams throughout the bank and in addition; we engage with RTB teams of upstream systems as required to solve problems with data feeds that are impacting CtB projects. It is therefore imperative to build and maintain good relationships and ensure any identified RtB problems impacting CtB projects are handled as efficiently as possible.
• Work with impacted Risk and Finance reporting teams to develop identified CRR2 requirements
• Requires familiarity with project lifecycle and concepts such as: unit testing, user testing, release processes
• Requires reasonable understanding of financial instruments / trading / investments
• Support Risk and Finance reporting teams through the full project lifecycle:
o Develop system changes / enhancements as required
o Work with upstream systems to communicate requirements, agree deliverables, organise and perform testing, establish expectations
o Work collaboratively within Risk and Finance CTB to appropriately allocate work among the teams
o Document changes
o Document support requirements and processes
o Plan, oversee and carry out appropriate levels of testing
o Document test plans and test results
• Work with Service Delivery and Risk and Finance RTB to plan releases and to deploy releases into production
• Deep knowledge of development using C#/.Net and SQL Server.
• Good knowledge of modern design patterns and methods, including dependency injection, modularisation and object-relational mapping.
• Knowledge of modern architecture designs, including building for scalability, extensibility and stability.
• Degree level – ideally Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering
• Experience with SVN/GitHub and relevant version control best practices.
• Experience with installing, configuring and licensing build and deployment automation tools, including TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
• Experience with JIRA or a similar issue-tracking tool.
• Experience providing production support
• Good knowledge of relational database design and development.
• Good understanding of the software development life cycle and best practices, including version control and automated build/test/deploy pipelines.
• Good knowledge of change and configuration management.
• Good knowledge of Market Risk data, metrics and regulations.
Nice to have
• Good knowledge of multi-dimensional database design and development.
• Good knowledge of Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban.
• Good knowledge of RabbitMQ or other exchange-based message broker.
• Good knowledge of unit testing practices and tools such as nUnit, RhinoMocks, tSQLt or similar testing frameworks.
• ScrumMaster certification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work effectively as a member of a team
• Good analytical skills
• "Can do" problem solving approach to challenges
• Ability to manage own workload and context switch between tasks, prioritising as appropriate
• Able to deal with ambiguity and make trade-offs
• Flexible and adaptable
• Strong communicator
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.