At DXC, we believe the power of insight comes from an intelligent, end-to end approach to Big Data and information. DXC Analytics aligns the right people, processes and technology to help our clients analyze and act on their information. Our consultants provide the advice and support clients need to transform and manage their Big Data initiative and start unlocking the valuable business opportunities. Clients benefit from Big Data and enhanced analytics to improve customer engagement and satisfaction, create new business opportunities and reduce costs.
The pace of business is accelerating. Consumers know it because the world is now literally at their fingertips — they no longer have to wait to receive the latest products and services. DXC offers are managing big data solutions and platforms to enable our customers to develop the fully autonomous driving of our future and to deliver the kind of business agility you need to swiftly adapt to the speed of the marketplace.
The Junior DevOps engineer is part of the WW Analytics team. (S)He works with respective automotive accounts, Hadoop experts, experienced software developers, data scientists, and technology experts to deliver analytic solutions for our customers.
Moreover, the individual will work closely with the DACH Regional Delivery - Analytics division responsible for the advice, positioning, conceptual design, and implementation of tailor-made business intelligence, archiving / document management, analytics, and big data solutions.
One of the Junior Engineer's central tasks is to support the DXC team and our Automotive clients with activities related to deployment and configuration of Robotic Drive development functions and toolkits. For example, automation spanning mass data storage and compute Platform from data ingest, analytics, labeling, machine learning governance, simulation, re-compute, validation & verification in customer environments.
You would be able to use your knowledge and experience to develop prototypes & proof-of-concept solutions to support presales activities. Specifically from identifying and qualifying possible order, exploring the customer's data to create complete solutions while partnering with an experienced and Agile team.
▪ This position provides an opportunity for a motivated individual to have access and contribution to Platform Build for Robotic Drive Innovation Lab, namely:
▪ Infrastructure layer: On-prem and cloud infrastructure automation, OS deployment, inventory set up, security, and access mgmt.
▪ Platform layer: On-prem and cloud MapR and Openshift deployment automation with geo-distributed partitioning, namespace, container registry.
▪ The Junior DevOps Engineer will also be responsible for configuration and troubleshooting at DXC Innovation Lab and enterprise multi-domain authentication, authorization, and security tasks.
▪ This role allows you to act as a contact person for representatives from our customers' business and IT departments regarding our analytics technologies (incl. Robotic Drive). At the same time, you continue to expand or deepen your knowledge with us.
▪ As part of a delivery team, you will act in an advisory capacity. The visualization and presentation of the results in front of customers will also be part of your future tasks.
Bachelor or Master degree required in informatics, business informatics, business administration, or equivalent qualification.
▪ Existing knowledge and/or experience in all phases of innovative Big Data/Hadoop distributions and ecosystem would be considered a great advantage.
▪ Knowledge of current technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools (preferably OpenShift, Kubernetes).
▪ Understanding of Linux Networking and virtualization
▪ Willingness/knowledge to familiarize yourself with IT systems
▪ Ability to solve problems through structured, analytical thinking and procedures
▪ Good presentation skills and superb communication skills
▪ Confident and competent demeanor
▪ Willingness to work with global teams
▪ Very good German and English language skills
Nice to have
Hands-on experience with container platform administration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift)
Experience/Knowledge in with cloud (Azure, AWS)
▪ Experience with Airflow and job scheduling
WHAT WE OFFER
▪ A wide range of opportunities to take with you theoretical content and practice-relevant topics for your future.
▪ The chance to work regularly at the customer's site and to become part of a young, highly motivated team with broad experience in analytics for autonomous driving, big data, information governance, and software development.
▪ Extensive social benefits, flexible working time models, an attractive salary package, and lived values make us one of the most attractive employers worldwide.
▪ In addition, DXC stands for equal opportunities and offers employees the ability to combine family and work and ongoing development opportunities.
DXC Technology stands for equal opportunities; namely, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience, and relevant business requirements.
At DXC, our employees' safety and well-being remain a key priority for us. Therefore we continue to stay at home recruiting and video interviewing for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job ad. If you believe this is the right match for you, please do not hesitate to apply. We are eager to learn more about you!
German: C1 Advanced
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
BigData (Hadoop etc.)