An excellent opportunity for personal development in a dynamic environment.
Our client is leading UK financial services organisation who are looking to undertake a significant portfolio of work.
Collaborate with fellow developers, financial market infrastructure experts, testers, architects and operations teams to deliver working solutions.
• Take ownership of the analysis, design, build and delivery of software components written in Java.
• Take responsibility for identification, estimation and reporting on of progress of tasks.
• Assimilate, challenge, help refine and then apply our architectural principles around scalability, security and fault tolerance.
• Develop a deep understanding of the mechanics of clearing and apply this knowledge.
• Participate in support of the wider platform, joining the on-call rota along with the other members of the team.
• Provide guidance to other junior members of the team to help maintain a high quality of work across the team.
• At least 8-10 years' professional experience as a Java developer.
• Expert level knowledge of Java 11+, Spring, Spring Boot and related technologies.
• Expert knowledge of CI toolset including Maven or similar, Jenkins or similar, Jira and git.
Expert knowledge of XML (most IRS messaging is in FpML), JSON and related technologies.
• Experience developing complex, high throughout Java code using TDD or BDD.
• A good understanding of Oracle or other relational database systems. Experience of PL/SQL.
• Ability to review and constructively critique colleagues' code and designs.
• Experience of managing a small team of developers.
• Experience of working within the Financial Services industry with interest rate derivative pricing, risk, settlement and margin calculations is helpful.
• Kubernetes experience, mainly Amazon EKS or Google GKE production experience would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of agile or lean software development within a small to medium sized team. Exposure to DevOps principles is an advantage
• Ability to operate within a cross-functional team, working closely with a wide range of people from different disciplines.
• Great verbal and written communication skills, both formal and informal. e.g., a successful candidate will be able to use whiteboard to express a complex design, listen to and process constructive feedback before adapting and refining the design in response. Equally, the developer could produce a formal specification of an API suitable for consumption by external customers and regulators.
• Constructive and collaborative approach to working with less technical teams, and handling test failures and potential defects in a positive manner.
• A wish to develop the wider team with an interest in the latest new technologies and emerging industry trends.
• A pragmatic understanding of the latest micro service-based architectures and supporting infrastructure.
• An excellent drive to solve problems 'the right way', and a logical approach to investigating issues.
Nice to have
• MxML or general Murex experience
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.