Our Client is a US multinational investment bank and financial services corporation. We are looking to hire an experienced full-stack web developer and technologist to join our team, part of the Citi's London Innovation Lab, working on new and existing Data Toolkit functionality used across multiple businesses globally within our Forex Exchange and Local Markets technology group.
With a broad knowledge of different web programming languages, patterns and architecture designs, you will take on a hands-on role in developing the web layer end to end for Data Toolkit.
You will work with the data scientists and business stakeholder as end consumers of the data to ensure we are meeting their requirements to visualize data sets produced by the platform in real-time. You will also contribute to the team's strategy around development and deployment best practices.
The Trader Toolkit is a decision support system built in-house for our trading and sales desks, delivering streaming data in real-time. It has three tiers - the HTML5 visualisation framework, the Node.js time series engine, and the Couchbase storage/cache tier. It is architected to be horizontally-scalable and highly-available, with zero-downtime, single-click deployments. We practice continuous delivery, with multiple production releases a week.
• Understand FX pricing business logic, front-to-back flows and architecture
• Implement complex business-driven changes, do impact analysis and backtesting
• Direct communication with the business stakeholders and quant team
• Design (high-availability, fault-tolerant, low latency)
• Take active part in designing architecture and business flows for new platform
• Produce and own design and architecture for new projects on real-time low-latency systems
• Implement complex changes in the code and conduct code review (if required)
• Complex production issues analysis especially in the business logic
• Collaborate with a globally distributed team of developers, business analysts, quality assurance and support professionals
• Coach other developers with business domain knowledge
• 5+ years of proven experience as Senior Java developer or Technical Lead or Architect on real-time low-latency applications built on Java
• Experience of working with Computing Grid
• Solid understanding of application lifecycle and approaches for enterprise integration (JMS, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and fluent spoken English
• Experience of dealing with business stakeholders on the client side
• Experience in working within a team distributed between onsite and offshore
• BSc/MSc in Computer Science or relevant
• Hands on experience in TDD and automated testing tools
Nice to have
• Experience with HTML5 (React or Angular) would be a plus
• Experience in new teams building, understanding of the related challenges
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.