Our client has embarked on an ambitious and strategic program of work to implement the next generation of Investment Data Management solutions. The outcome of the IDM Program is to enable more informed and efficient investment decision making through improved IDM capabilities that will provide high quality trustworthy investment data that is complete, accurate, timely, accessible and available when required.
Central to the strategy is to manage certain operational and technology components, such as operational data management to selected best-in-class partners. For example; managed technology solutions, third party administrators, custodians, market data vendors and finance service providers.
An exciting opportunity is offered to an investment data analyst who can work within the IDM team and be responsible for the investment data management BAU deliverables required for a market leading Performance and Analytics (P&A) engine.
You need to have a deep understanding of security analytics across all asset types with experience in financial data management including pricing and security master information. The core function of this role is to serve the data needs of our Performance and Analytics (P&A) team by overseeing and ensuring accurate and timely data delivery to performance systems on a day-to-day basis.
Operational Service Delivery (BAU activities)
• Responsible for daily monitoring of data delivery and data quality dashboards in order to ensure timely and accurate asset data delivery to P&A.
• Responsible for daily monitoring of benchmark data flows and data quality dashboards.
• Work with external data providers for asset data and benchmarks in order to remediate any data quality issues identified by day to day data monitoring activities.
• Acts as point of contact for queries raised from the Performance and Analytics team by way of day to day inbox management as well as direct contact.
• Perform day to day reconciliation activities as required to establish successful data transmission between IDM and downstream systems.
• Periodically review and enhance DQ checks, logic and dashboards as the needs of the customer (P&A) change.
• Manage the End-of-Day DIG Check, Credit Data QC Check, Surveillance Securities List and other reports to ensure all data quality issues are sufficiently addressed post-trade
Process and design
• Acts as a subject matter expert in resolving data queries raised by the Performance and Analytics team.
• Actively monitors external vendors for data and service quality, and proactively raises and highlights issues or areas for improvement with the relevant relationship managers.
• Continually engages with the Performance and Analytics team to understand the evolution of their data needs and acting as a voice of the customer within the wider IDM team.
• Takes ownership in new data requests from the Performance team to assess the related data requirements and contributes to the business process design.
• Evaluate the associated data and business process flow for testing of new asset types, benchmarks and new data processes as requested by customers within the business (P&A and Investment Teams).
• Works with the IDM team to ensure integrity of the Investment Data ensuring that business processes and controls are in-line with the enterprise data governance framework
• Works with the IDM team, Investment Teams and outsourced partners to continually look at improving the quality of the data.
• Continually examines existing data and quality control framework to identify areas of efficiency - either by reducing process time or increasing the robustness of data quality control.
• Proactively works with Technology and our outsourced partners to create new solutions to improve the operational efficiency of the business processes.
• Prepares operational and efficiency reports that clearly articulate the health of the operational processes.
• Documents complex data support procedures including sharing knowledge with the wider IDM team.
• Be a qualified and experienced professional with demonstrated relevant experience 3+ years in financial and security data management in a financial organisation
• Significant, demonstrated experience in a role responsible for investment data management and security analysis for an Asset Manager or Asset Owner
• Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with others
• Experience in complex business process and workflow design is a must
• A deep and extensive understanding of financial instruments including pricing methodology
• Knowledge of Equity, funds and Fixed Income analytics and modelling
• Knowledge of OTC derivatives (including, but not limited to, vanilla interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, equity variance swaps, etc), their attributes, capital markets standard conventions, and usage is a must
• An understanding of the buy side trade lifecycle of major asset types including the role of different market participants
• Demonstrated ability and experience with data management applications, data vendors, order management systems, analysis systems or portfolio administration applications such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv, FactSet etc.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel is a must
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
• Takes pride in being a 'professional' and acts in accordance with professional standards at all times
• Aims to get work right the first time by understanding the expected standards
• Aims to be the best they can be and performs all tasks to the best of their ability
• Completes tasks accurately and checks own work to ensure quality
• Carries out their role competently, diligently and as promptly as reasonably possible
• Accurately follows established procedures to complete work tasks and achieve quality results
• Is committed to striving to perform above and beyond expectations
• Delivers on promises made or renegotiates prior to deadline
• Is solution focused when things go wrong and looks for how to fix it
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively convey information and influence key stakeholders.
• Is enthusiastic, willing to learn and has continuous improvement and best practice attitude.
• Has a dependable and calm demeanour, which is maintained when under pressure.
Nice to have
• Strong knowledge and interest in mathematics and data analysis a plus
• Strong interest in technology a plus
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Seniority||Relocation Friendly||Send to a friend|
|Other Consulting||Investment Data Management Consultant - Market Data and Benchmarking||Melbourne, AU||Regular||Yes||