Our client has embarked on an ambitious and strategic program of work to implement the next generation of Investment Data Management solutions. The outcome of the IDM Program is to enable more informed and efficient investment decision making through improved IDM capabilities that will provide high quality trustworthy investment data that is complete, accurate, timely, accessible and available when required.
An exciting opportunity is offered for this skilled experienced professional who will be responsible for the translation of vision, ideas and needs from stakeholders into comprehensive, well documented requirements to be executed.
This role will support the IDM project transition through to the target operating model, providing business and technical analysis, research and information collation, and documentation capabilities. In performing these activities, the person will draw on domain expertise in investment market data gained from prior roles in performance analysis, asset (funds) management, business analysis and/or consulting engagements across the financial services industry.
This role is focused on financial market data. You will have a very strong understanding of indices, benchmarks and reference market data and methodologies. You will be responsible for managing the market data requirements and requests from the Agency and working with our external market data partners and data technology partners to integrate new benchmarks and other data into IDM.
Business Analysis & Requirements Gathering
• Understand the project objectives and requirements to ensure the right context is applied to all activities.
• Identify and build relationships with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders; proactively involve the right stakeholders in determining business needs and solution requirements; engage them throughout the project to build understanding, support and change readiness.
• Collaborate with these external partners and internal teams to workshop, capture and document the Agency's Investment market data requirements.
• Assist Business Leads and SMEs to understand project plans, milestones and project activities and act as an advocate for their requirements.
• Assess and communicate business impact and contribute to documentation to support change readiness and transition to Business as Usual (BAU) where appropriate.
• Assist Project Managers and Project Leads in the tracking of project activities and in the resolution of project risks and issues.
• Facilitate effective communication within the team, across the project, and between cross-functional business groups.
• Assist the relevant resources to document business processes, artefacts and other project deliverables.
• Champion a focus on high quality outcomes and exceptional stakeholder experiences.
Testing analysis and support
• Assist Test Leads, Testers and Business Stakeholders in the successful execution of testing activities, for example User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Collaborate with testers to ensure full understanding of business requirements, comprehensive, risk-based test coverage, and prompt defect resolution.
• Write Test Plans/Cases/Scripts as needed, as well as be involved during test plan implementation.
• Provide guidance, training and on-the-job coaching to testers.
Operational Service Delivery
• Provide market data and technical support to the Agency for all data queries.
• Daily monitoring of exception management for data queries.
• Track performance of outsource partners.
• Facilitate and implement new market data requirements as they originate from the business.
Market Data Governance
• Create and maintain a benchmark and a market data registry for the Agency to understand what market data is available for consumption.
• Create and maintain a market data dictionary.
• Work with the data governance manager to maintain access rights on market data.
• Work with the data governance manager to define the data quality requirements for market and benchmark data and implement the data quality rules and controls within the Agency and through our partners.
• Be a qualified professional with demonstrated relevant experience
• Substantial experience working with market data and benchmark data
• A strong understanding of financial data methodology
• Project experience performing business analysis responsibilities.
• Demonstrated experience in the financial services industry.
• Proven ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, including executives, managers, SMEs, outsourced partners and consultants.
• Experience with market data vendors and tools such as FactSet, Bloomberg, IHS Markit etc.
• A deep and extensive understanding of financial instruments including: Public Equity, Fixed Income, ETD and OTC derivatives, listed Property, listed Infrastructure, private equity, unlisted infrastructure & timberland and unlisted Property
• Strong knowledge and interest in mathematics and data analysis
• Strong understanding of data management and the data lifecycle
• Working knowledge of contemporary business analysis methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
• Practical understanding of project delivery lifecycles, methodologies and governance practices.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong quantitative analysis skills.
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
• Has ability to collaborate with stakeholders, build relationships and engage across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. Collaborate with project managers, test lead to raise, assess, resolve and escalate project issues.
• Has high attention to detail and high standard of quality for deliverable creation.
• The ability to work closely with the business, technology and project teams, as well as being across the product/data detail.
• Has the ability to work as a team member and support our stakeholders and the wider project team to deliver the desired business outcomes.
• Is adaptable and open to adopting project management methodologies that may be different to those previously used. The role is expected to adopt and apply the project management approach and methodology of the organisation.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Ability to proactively identify issues or problems.
• Assumes accountability and initiate appropriate actions unprompted.
• Demonstrates a willingness to new ideas, to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and to challenge assumptions and constraints.
• Harvests, filters and shares relevant information, and facilitates knowledge transfer.
• Identifies and drives improvement opportunities for operational excellence, service quality and innovation.
• Consistently acts in accordance with organisational values, policies, standards, procedures and practices.
• Manages allocated work efficiently and meet agreed deadlines, seeks to lift one's productivity and values other people's time.
Nice to have
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Seniority||Relocation Friendly||Send to a friend|
|Other Consulting||Investment Data Management Consultant - Performance and Analytics||Melbourne, AU||Regular||Yes||