Our Client is a US multinational investment bank and financial services corporation. We are currently building a new team that will be responsible for FX Risk and Pricing platforms. The team will be implementing new business-driven functionality, technical and regulatory-driven changes, QA Automation and DevOps as well as production support for a set of applications. There is a set of old and new platforms that serve the Client’s FX business in 38 countries by providing the ability for real-time derivatives pricing, risk management, and data analytics.
New initiative is starting to replace the set of existing risk&pricing applications with new generation with web-based UI, server side computing and grid technology, streaming framework. The new application is going to serve traders, sales and external clients. Solution needs to be scalable to cover multiple locations and meets latency requirements. Our UI really complex, we have a lot of different layouts with complex logic inside. Most of the users will think that this is just a standalone UI. Inside UI controls we operate with a lot of data that needs to be transformed by user request and updated by a livefeed from the server. It is a live system that requires from us low latency updates.
Due to the nature of the traders job, we can't make it slow, updates from the server should instantly be visible, user requests should reflect in UI very quickly even if it requires a request to the server where we will process 60GB of data to return 100x100 matrix to UI. Most of the traders right now have around 6 monitors open on their desks to monitor different sets of data at the same time. It is very possible that you will need to think about how to optimize memory consumption on a client side, you will need to optimize the performance of your code, it is very possible that some well-know UI components just too slow for us and you need to improve it or write a faster version. The complexity is not only on performance or capacity side. The business domain is also complex, you will need to understand how all this works, if you want you can even dig in details and understand how math models for risk computation are working in one of the biggest investment bank.
• Implement complex business-driven changes, do impact analysis and backtesting
• Direct communication with the business stakeholders and quant team
• Design (high-availability, fault-tolerant, low latency)
• Take active part in designing architecture and business flows for new platform
• Produce and own design and architecture for new projects on real-time low-latency systems
• Implement complex changes in the code and conduct code review (if required)
• Complex production issues analysis especially in the business logic
• Collaborate with a globally distributed team of developers, business analysts, quality assurance and support professionals
• 5+ years of proven experience as Senior HTML5 UI developer on complex UIs
• Solid understanding of application lifecycle and approaches for enterprise integration (JMS, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and fluent spoken English
• Experience of dealing with business stakeholders on the client side
• Experience in working within a team distributed between onsite and offshore
• BSc/MSc in Computer Science or relevant
• Hands on experience in TDD and automated testing tools
Nice to have
• Experience with Java would be a plus
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Seniority||Send to a friend|