Our client is a leading global Financial Markets data provider that runs a number of change programs to deliver high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in real-time, high frequency, and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled and experienced cross-divisional team to deliver on the multi-year Index Refactoring Programme. It is a hugely transformational programme of work to deliver a state of the art Index Platform for the LSEG Index business which includes the well-known brand FTSE Russell. This programme will not only transform the Technology estate but also the Business and how it operates. The main objective is to refactor the current fragmented system estate into a modern, scalable Index Platform to drive through significant scale up of the LSEG Index business through quicker time to market and self-service/direct indexing solutions, as well as harness strong data and distribution capabilities from the wider organisation making FTSE Russell index data more easily and widely available to the market.
The role is a Business, Data and Technical Analysis focused role supporting the Index Data Platform Services work stream within LSEG Technology working within an Agile Delivery framework. The role is exposed to a wide, cross divisional stakeholder group; bringing together talent, skills and experience from across the organisation; making it a great opportunity for a creative, yet pragmatic individual who can make the role their own.
• Working with the Business and Technology Leadership to deliver business initiatives on time and within budget by understanding the business need and responding with the necessary functional, systems and data requirements analysis.
• Analysis, elicitation, presentation, validation and socialisation of requirements to business and technology stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders have a common understanding of the requirements and the goals/objectives of what needs to be delivered to the business.
• Producing a wide range of artefacts to support strategic delivery of technical solutions and ways of operation such as user journeys, data flows, data catalogues, data feed inventories, data dictionaries, data mapping documentation, data domain and interface specifications and, API and bulk feed specifications.
• Building and maintaining effective, collaborative, credible working relationships and active communication channels with all stakeholders. Be the conduit of information between different teams and responding to questions from any stakeholder credibly and lead workshops with credibility.
• Performing analysis on existing platforms and databases/sources related to the initiative(s) to collaborate effectively with Architects and Technical Leads in-house and from 3rd parties, to collaborate on solution options to meet the business requirements.
• Maintaining a business Outcomes backlog, breaking down Outcomes into high-level epics and stories, providing content during analysis, contributing to the elaboration & acceptance criteria of epics and stories, and leading communication of the epics and stories to the delivery team(s).
• Actively resolve/mitigate/escalate risks/issues/events which may affect strategic delivery and ensuring the expectations by internal and external stakeholders are managed accordingly.
• Providing accurate business correspondence and documentation that is coherent, factually and grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging at any level of the organisation.
• Being an SME in Equities is a must
• Strong experience in Data Analysis, Modelling, Domain Specification/Design/Mapping, Data Transformation including Business Transformation, APIs and Data Exchange patterns
• Deep understanding of how data is sourced, collected, transformed, validated, managed, used, presented, maintained, governed and controlled within a data centric organisation. Ability to utilise SQL to query database tables.
• Ability to read programming code (C++ or Java)
• Ability to liaise with solution architects and technical leads, development and functional testing stakeholders, both in-house and from 3rd parties to ensure the business need and related requirements are well understood.
• Strong and proven 'soft' skills with the ability to communicate requirements in a clear, accurate, concise, engaging and thorough manner to stakeholders across the board.
Nice to have
• Good working experience with Agile and Scrum, with solid, proven experience of performing business analysis activities in a scalable Agile environment.
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.