US based quantitative hedge fund is searching for support engineer. As an Engineer within the Alphagen operation team, you will work closely with other technologists, researchers and portfolio managers; provide monitoring, support and automation to our Alpha/Meta generation systems.
The role requires rotating on-call coverage and significant effort for problem solving and internal client support.
• Monitoring and supporting our software infrastructure and model production system; Investigating and troubleshooting issues
• Supporting internal clients' requests
• Developing/Debugging software systems in Python
• Working with tools and technologies such as MySQL, Jenkins, Airflow, Kafka, Celery, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab/Gitlab CI
• Assembling platforms and frameworks to automate business processes
• Collaborating with internal technology, research and portfolio management teams
• Experience with SQL query
• Experience working in Linux; familiar with bash scripting
• Great support attitude (our job is to make life easier for other teams)
• Strong debugging, problem solving skills with a go-getter attitude
• Experience with monitoring and automation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; Fluency in the English language
• Ability to create script in Python is a plus
• Ability to self-organize and prioritize work
• Effectiveness in working both independently and in a team setting
Nice to have
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.