Project for one of the global investment management firm founded in 1989 that manages approximately $40.33 billion in assets as of April 1, 2020. Firm has more than 2,400 employees with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Teams work collaboratively to drive the production of trading algorithm and financial strategies - the foundation of a sustainable, global trading platform. The project goal is developing and continually evolving the firm's core infrastructure platform. The team works jointly with Portfolio Managers, Trading, and Operations on a strategic rebuild of the trading platform moving to low latency, microservices-based, highly scalable, distributed architecture empowered with top in class open source and commercial solutions and technologies. In particular: Building the components of a business-critical order management system using the most promising technologies and approaches for designing low-latency systems. High requirements are implied for the system's performance, fault tolerance and reliability. What we offer: ∙ Flexible schedule ∙ Possible business trips to NYC ∙ Exciting challenges and unique experience in the one of the largest hedge funds ∙ English courses ∙ Various professional development programs ∙ The friendly team of professionals; ∙ Remote work from time to time in cases of need
• Build automation tools and support them
• Support CI/CD flow
• Support several applications understanding their code and infrastructure
• Team Player with the ability to work with development, support and QA teams.
• Troubleshoot inquiries and outages - should be able to work under pressure.
• Take full ownership of and maintain a robust QA environment, including test databases and system deployments
• Work closely with the global QA team to design and build integration tests
• Work with developers on improving system testability and creating a testing environment
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Be a self-starter, chase down blockers, and proactively finish projects in a timely manner.
• Good understanding of Java/Groovy code
• Should be familiar with the concept of SRE
• Exposure to trading systems is a plus
• Good communication skills
• Experience in containerization is a plus
• Experience in working with Cloud products is a plus
• Experience with Java, good knowledge of its ecosystems
• Familiarity with continuous integration
• Experience with Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery
• Working proficiency with Unix
• Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
• Familiarity with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus a plus)
• Excellent communication, documentation, and analytical skills; attention to detail, thoroughness and strong ownership of work
• Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; Good sense of urgency, resourcefulness and independence
Nice to have
• Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
• Experience developing large-scale enterprise software
• Experience with JUnit
• Experience with TDD
• Experience with Ant, Maven, Gradle
• Experience with Jira
• Experience with Jenkins is a plus
• Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Solid knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.