We've been engaged by a large Australian financial institution to assist in the build out of their Financial Markets Regulatory reporting software to support additional functionality required for Mifid 2 and G20 reporting (Dodd Frank, ASIC, EMIR, ...). This engagement is part of a multi-year project to expand the capabilities of the existing software to support the ongoing stream of new regulations impacting financial markets derivatives (FX, FXD, IRD, FI, ..)
Our stack is Akamai CDN/WAF, AWS (EC2, EKS, ElastiCache), Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, and Java-based microservices
You will be working as a DevOps Engineer in a team of BAs, developers, and testers on a variety of tasks.
- The successful candidates will be working on AWS technologies to deliver Java based REST microservices .
- In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues. you will also be responsible for:
- Working in an agile environment, attending stand-ups, retros, planning, showcases and other agile meetings and ceremonies.
- Collaborating with fellow devs, UI designers and wider dev team to determine platform requirements and priorities.
- Resolving technical barriers and roadblocks through spikes and research.
- Designing and developing the code and structure for the platform
- Be a go to person for junior engineers and Service team members for troubleshooting.
- Strong AWS build and orchestration experience with Java, GIT, Spring Boot, maven, gradle and Jenkins - minimum 5 years.
- Exposure with at least one scripting language e.g nodeJS, Groovy, Python etc.
- Documenting practices, solutions, known issues, and common trouble shooting procedures.
- Have in depth understanding of microservice architecture, API management and distributed systems concepts
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent social and communication skills, "can do" attitude and excellent analytical skills.
- Experience providing technical assistance and support to other team members.
Nice to have
Experience working with onshore stakeholders
Financial markets knowledge including Derivative type trades. For example IRS, Bonds, FX Cash, FX Options, ...
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.