US hedge fund develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies - the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
Technologists at fund research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually intense. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to solve undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code on a daily basis.
Fund success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That's a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
MOTech engineers work on next generation distributed post trade processing system that provides a real-time view into the firm's trades, positions, PNL and risk.
Our system needs to process massive volumes of trade and market data in a latency sensitive manner with correctness, consistency and reliability in mind.
We work in an agile environment, and participate in all aspects of SDE life-cycle from design, development, testing to deployment and support.
As a DevOps Engineer, you have a chance to work on various parts of this system, and get a first-hand working knowledge of how a trade moves from execution to settlement.
Our system is continually evolving in terms of both scale as well as new business features.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL / Postgres) query
- Experience working in Linux; familiar with bash scripting
- Demonstrated experience using Python
- Familiarity with version control system (Git); Knowing Gitlab is a plus
- Experience with scheduling systems such as Airflow
- Experience with Containerized Deployments using Kubernetes
- Demonstrated automation mindset; Experience with monitoring and automation
- Strong debugging, problem solving skills with a go-getter attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Fluency in the English language
- Ability to self-organize and prioritize work
- Great support attitude (our job is to make life easier for other teams!)
- Effectiveness in working both independently and in a team setting
Nice to have
- Experience in an Object Oriented language such as Java or C#.
- Finance/ Post Trade Operations is a plus but not required.
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.