We are looking for an Ops engineer to join us in Sophis Platform squad responsible for deployment, patching and managing the infrastructure for Finastra's financial markets package Sophis. You'll work in Brussels in a multi skilled Platform squad, using the agile methodology to deliver on the company and business' priorities, from the backlog.
You need a have fair knowledge of Windows server technology aspect and interested in the set-up of application on Cloud technology.
You strive towards automation and you assist in bringing us to full continuous delivery.
As a system engineer, one of the key role is to be the first line of interaction with our users in case of any issue on infrastructure in nature. You’ll need to handle comfortably all sides of service management such as incident, problem and change management.
Thanks to your technical knowledge of the deployment, you should be able to use the Azure for the deployment of Sophis package (client and server side), you’ll assist the ops and other system engineers in acceptance testing on infrastructure, deployment, maintaining and proactive monitoring all Sophis platform alerts for the different processes. You’ll give feedback to the developers to improve stability, monitoring and recoverability of all our applications.
With a DevOps attitude, you’ll need to automate ops related tasks using the modern continuous delivery tools from source control for your scripts to extending existing deployment pipelines with Azure DevOps.
The following items are vital in this:
Contribute to the new way of working
- You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Investing area in which you work;
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos);
- Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- Educated in software engineering (min. Bachelor degree)
- Good knowledge in SQL programming: syntax, objects utilization and optimization; Good exposure of working in cloud environment. Bonus if experience with Oracle Databases 19c.
- Experience in delivering solutions on the Windows platform (Citrix, Windows servers, ...)
- Experience in PowerShell
- Experience in Middleware configuration (File Transfer, MQ)
- Experience in monitoring of scheduler jobs.
- Comfortable with Agile and Continuous Delivery practices (Azure);
- Pro-active, assertive and a good communicator;
- Have an excellent written and spoken English
(knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset);
Nice to have
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.