Data Test Analyst requirement for one of the leading Australian Bank
• Support QA manager in test initiation phase on requirement analysis and test effort estimation
• Review and understand the project specific business requirement
• Document the question and get the answer using clarification trackers
• Identify the testable requirements, impacted application and process
• Identify the test environment and test data requirements
• Provide data point to QA manager to consolidate in the strategy documents
• Map the requirement in the traceability metrics
• Raise the test environment and test data requests
• Prepare the test cases and peer review
• Participate in the test review walkthroughs and capture the review comments
• Incorporate the review comments and baseline the test plan artefacts
• Participate in the daily stand up and raise the concerns and recommendations (if any)
• Work on test allocation and based on the entry criteria
• Execute and mentor the junior resources
• Capture the test results and log the defects as per the defined template
• Participate in the defect triage and identify the resolutions with the help build team
• Retest and close the defects
• Support QA manager on the daily reports
• Periodically review the test results and traceability metrics and work with QA manager on any deviation (if any)
• Review the traceability metrics and organise the test artefacts in the designated folders
• Review the exit criteria and update the checklist
• End state the defects with appropriate remarks
• Support the QA manager on the test summary report data points
• Participate in the retro / lesson learnt session and contribute
• Encourage the junior resources on their outstanding contributions
• More than 5 years experience data and ETL testing.
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users swiftly, ability to work independently or as a team player.
• Extensive experience in Quality Analysis, Business Analysis, Database testing and Big data testing.
• Strong experience in eliciting, analysing, and documenting testing critical artefacts.
• Gathering the requirements and understanding process flow to analyse the specifications mentioned as per the Business needs and create strategies to perform various aspects of testing and document the build changes.
• Successfully tested and delivered ETL, Big data and data warehousing projects in Cloud and
• Test design and execution using Pyspark, Hive, Impala, SQL and UNIX shell
• Responsible for preparing Test plan, Test strategy, Test estimation and Test environment by code
deployment and data loads.
• Performed extensive testing on big data Cloudera Hadoop platform.
• Contributing to Test Automation strategy in data space of the client organization by bringing Novel framework-based test approach for testing complex data type of Big Data ecosystem.
• Ingested and verified multi-source data from structured and semi structured data sources including DB2 database and CSV files using Custom build Ingestion Framework. The ingested data is stored in Data Lake.
• Verified data transformations on top of ingested data using SQL and Pyspark in data HUB and Mart layer.
• Tested and Delivered MicroStartegy BI reports as per business requirements.
Nice to have
Core Banking System
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.