At DXC Technology, we act as an independent, trusted advisor in digitizing the client's business. Our employees are responsible for optimizing our customer's industry processes in many different market domains as well as developing, implementing and managing their IT data related mechanisms.
DXC Luxoft advises, develops, and implements modern analytics and AI solutions by applying industry expertise, technology and business solutions and services, proven methodologies, and experienced people. With our offerings, capabilities, and global reach, organizations accelerate digital transformation and confidently produce repeatable, AI-powered business outcomes. We work with our customers to convert data to information, information to insights and insights to better business outcomes.
In our DXC Luxoft team we are currently looking for a Data scientist. Typical areas where you will work in are: Analytics Solutions and Services, Big Data Platforms, Artificial Intelligence and IoT.
Essential Job Functions:
• Guide, design, implement and/or maintain databases structures in a complex environment according to user specifications
• Identify opportunities and solve business challenges to leverage information to expand the business and foster innovation; shapes and drives the analytics strategy to develop and/or enhance business model/s that provide business and customer insights that maximize business efficiency and outcomes.
• Collect and analyze metric data; prepare reports to support internal and external performance reporting requirements; build and apply basic to moderately complex measurement models on performance, prediction, quality, and other key business factors; analyzes moderately complex metric data to enable management in decision making.
• Provide data mining and analytics support to create predictive modeling initiatives.
• Conduct statistical data modeling supporting a broad range of business and customer applications. Present alternative approaches and unique or innovative analyses as appropriate.
• Produces reports, charts and other trend analyses through the use and interpretation of data to describe current business situation/s. Identifies trends, patterns or exceptions that assist in predictive modeling initiatives.
• Assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
What you'll get:
• A motivating salary package, including fringe benefits and flexible working hours, and possibilities to work from home
• Being part of an ambitious and growing team.
• On-the-job training and access to our online platform "DXC-University"
• Opportunities to work with the latest technologies for a top range of customers
• A natural inclination toward solving complex problems
• Knowledge/experience on/with statistical programming languages, including R, Python, SLQ, etc., to process data and gain insights from it
• Experience applying and understanding data architectures
• Knowledge and experience of Analytics cloud technologies including Microsoft Azure, AWS and/or GCP Analytics services
• Knowledge and experience of Machine Learning techniques, including decision tree learning, clustering, artificial neural networks, etc., and their pros and cons
• Knowledge and application experience in advanced statistical techniques and concepts, including, regression, distribution properties, statistical testing, etc.
• Experience/knowledge in statistics and data mining techniques, including, random forest, GLM/regression, social network analysis, text mining, etc.
• Preferable: Experience with major web services, including S3, Spark, Redshift, etc.
• Experience/knowledge in distributed data and computing tools, including, MapReduce, MySQL, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.
• Ability to use data visualization tools to showcase data for stakeholders
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience preparing and managing documentation of (senior-level) client deliverables
• Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
• Impulse to learn and master new technologies
• Good interpersonal and human relations skills to interact with users, Product Owners, scrum master Pod team members and other stakeholders.
• Master or higher degree in Informatics, Business Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 1-3 years of field experience in a similar role
• Fluency in Dutch and English.
Nice to have
English: C1 Advanced
Dutch: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.