For 22 of our 25 years, Soho House has been a traditional hospitality company, with tech as the last thing on the agenda and a number of partnerships with external agencies. However as we try to scale our offering, that outlook has reversed and we are creating a long-term digital strategy with huge investment from the founder and investors.
This means building a team with a tech-first culture, rebuilding our backend services from the ground up on cutting edge tech, removing external partnerships and working on an internal cultural shift from traditional enterprise to agile and product-driven.
As an Data Engineer, you will be joining a brand new team dedicated to working with all the data produced by Soho House.
You'll be working with a range of data-sets old and new, rich and sparse. Working with the data produced by the systems that keep Soho House ticking, exploring existing data sets, building dashboards & reports, working alongside our data engineers to clean and transform data sets.
• Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures
• Align architecture with business requirements
• Data acquisition, Develop data set processes, Analyse and organize raw data
• Use programming language and tools to build algorithms and prototypes
• Build data systems and pipelines
• Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
• Conduct research for industry and business questions
• Use large data sets to address business issues
• Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
• Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modelling
• Find hidden patterns using data
• Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
• Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
• Good in Data filtering and data optimization techniques
Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques, SQL database design, Python
Database systems (SQL and NoSQL): SQL
Data warehousing: Google Big Query along with Metabase ,Salesforce,
Tableau & Radish
ETL tools: Big Query
Data API: Json
programming language: Python
Nice to have
English: C2 Proficient
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.