Our Client a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America are looking for Data Engineers .
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. They work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Malaysia and overseas branches.
The client has more than 80 years of history in the banking industry and is expanding its footprint in Malaysia.
The selected resource will be working in a newly setup technology centre located in Kuala Lumpur as part of Technology and Operations to deliver innovative financial technology solutions that enable business growth and technology transformation.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end software development and support for all work transitioned from Group (which could be projects, quarterly change requests, L3 production fixes). This includes analysis and design to development, implementation, testing and support. You will be expected to work on enterprise data warehouse (EDW/DWH) and Data Lake.
You will also be responsible for quality assurance of the team delivery in conformance to the Bank-defined software delivery methodology and tools. You will partner closely with the Group domain team to plan and manage transitioned deliverables.
Other responsibilities include:
* Participate in application and solution design sessions
* Analyse user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
* Implementation and/or design experience on banking data warehouse and/or data mart and/or big data platform
* Develop system documentation to capture key design decisions
* Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they understand
* Execute continuous service improvement and process improvement plans
* Create technical documents for the solutions. Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
* Perform design and development of applications according to change requests and project requirements
* Design and update software database/tables. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
* Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
* Work with production support team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
* Compile and assess user feedback to improve software performance
More than 9 years of experience
• QlikSense Discovery
• MS Power BI
• Python, R, R Studio, Kafka,
• Informatica Data Integration suite of tools
• Teradata Inteliflex, etc <- understanding of the modelling helps a lot
Functional Skills (any one or two):
- Finance Analytics
- Credit Risk Analytics
- Credit Scoring & Decision Support Systems
- Treasury & Wealth Management (Murex)
- Trade Finance & Accounts Receivable Management (FITAS, ARF)
- Retail Bank, Cards (Silver Lake)
- Data Modeling (FSLDM / Data Marts)
Teradata (TD Studio, IFX, MDM, FSLDM/GCFR, View Point ), JIRA, Oracle SQL Developer,
Informatica - BDM, IDQ, IDL , Query Surge,
Cloudera - Data Science workbench, Spark , HUE, Hive, Impala, Kafka,
Microsoft R, SAS,
Jenkins, Bit Bucket, SonarCube,
QLIK sense , Query Surge, Microsoft Power BI, Business Objects ,
PUTTY, Aldon, control-M,
AS400 DB2, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgress
As400, AIX, Linux, Windows
Nice to have
AS400, Experian PowerCurve, SAS
Teradata is a very good plus.
English: C1 Advanced
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.