Our team is looking for a highly organized person who has architected and supported critical applications in an insurance / financial environment and is experienced in well-known DBMS system. This seasoned professional will need to interface with multiple client groups and IT senior management, providing them with data architecture solutions. Timely and accurate status updates, short-term / long-term plans, release plans, etc. in a clear consistent manner that emphasizes performance metrics, strategic planning, continuous improvement and adherence to industry best practices
Data Modelling: Develop, document and maintain logical and physical data models that accurately reflect the existing environment and update for new projects/enhancements. Work with DBA and other staff as necessary, to instantiate physical databases based on the models.
Data Analysis & Design: Review data sources and assess data quality; determine the appropriate data inputs, outputs and integration rules and strategy. Create functional design specifications to be used by the developers.
Model Management: Version and configuration manage data models so that they are consistent with development testing and production deployment environments.
Information Dissemination: Publish models and metadata in the form of web pages, graphics and reports to projects, management and other interested parties in order to raise the organizational knowledge of what data exists where.
Cross-Organizational Coordination: Interface with business units, internal IT, customers and management in the performance of duties
• Logical and Physical Data Modelling
• Expert-level data sourcing and data mapping and data analysis skills.
• Expert-level database skills - creating and optimizing queries and data structures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
• Ability to self-manage tasks to meet delivery targets.
• Insurance domain knowledge; preferably with an insurance carrier.
• HIPAA and other regulations that govern the access of data
• Relational database concepts; Strong experience in SQL Server and related technologies.
• ETL concepts, preferably Informatica or Syncsort
• Proficient in data modelling tools -- preferably Erwin.
• Strong RDBMS knowledge.
• Familiarity with Hadoop and the Data Lake would be highly desirable. Familiarity with Hive, Alteryx or any other related technologies would be a huge plus.
• Familiarity with Mainframe data structures in VSAM and DB2 would be a big plus.
• 10+ Years of IT industry experience, with 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect or in data related areas.
• Developed and implemented relational data models.
• Significant experience interfacing with both customers and management.
• Familiarity with Big Data technologies like Hadoop and Data Lake is a plus.
Nice to have
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.