The successful candidate will be working with: Application teams at every stage of the application lifecycle to improve cost /performance ratios; Finance & Procurement teams to help simplify complex billing data received; and Architecture & Design teams where sharing cloud best practice and industrial experience aids key choices and long-term decision making.
Our client is on a challenging timeline with this work so the ideal candidate is the staff who can work independently; able to articulate complex information through diagrams to senior management to explain scenarios simply and person who are able to be flexible with time commitments on the occasion where this may be required.
The main tasks in the CloudAbility migration will be:
• The engineer will need to work with the client internal teams to make sure that the approvals are in place for using Cloud cost and usage data in CloudAbility.
• To design and document how the product will be used in POC and to take the design through the approval process.
• To setup a POC / POV using development data.
• To extend the design to highlight how the product will be used in production and take the design through the stakeholders to gain approval.
• To connect the master billing accounts of each CSP for production usage.
• To take a feed from LeanIX to allow filters to be created for Line of Business and Business units.
• To filter APP ID from Account / subscription / Project and resource level tags.
• To connect DataDog for rightsizing.
• To define budgets with Finance.
• To setup alerts for budgets, anomaly detection through BigPanda to ServiceNow.
• To train others in the team on how every aspect of CloudAbility works so that they may train business users.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
• Strong knowledge of cloud computing platform - AWS Cloud Platform.
• Proficiency in scripting and coding languages (Java, Python, C++, C#, Go, etc.).
• Extensive experience with cloud cost management, optimization, and usage data in CloudAbility (ex Apptio)
• Understanding of cloud cost models, pricing structures, and billing mechanisms.
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical thinking.
• Excellent communication and client-facing skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
• Adept at budgeting and cost control in cloud environments.
• Prior experience with incident management and alerting systems is a plus.
Nice to have
Good communication skills
XLS - MS Excel Suite
English: C1 Advanced
Annual holiday - 20 or 26 days. The duration of the leave depends on the overall seniority
Occasional leave - 1 or 2 days/ depending on the circumstances
Child care leave - 2 days or 16 hours per year
Absence due to force majeure - 2 days or 16 hours per year
Maternity Leave - 20 weeks
Parental Leave - 41 weeks
Paternity Leave - 14 days
*The acquisition of rights to the above benefits depends on the form of cooperation. Benefits apply to those employed under a contract of employment.
**Please note that relocation is not available for all open positions. At Luxoft Poland it is possible to work remotely only from the territory of Poland.
***Options offered by the Polish government.
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.