Solution Architecture & Migration is seeking to fill Principal Technical Architect (PTA) positions in support of the AT&T Cloud First Strategy to provide architecture and migration support services to client applications / DevSecOps (DSO) teams within AT&T Technology & Operations. The Solution Architecture & Migration Team provides architecture and connectivity design, workload optimization and execution support for migrating applications to cloud computing leveraging Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) as offered by partner Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs). AT&T Partner Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs) include Amazon Web Services (AWS), IBM Cloud and Microsoft Azure. PTAs will support our clients in their cloud migrations and will work to enhance, optimize, and implement hosted solutions at the lowest possible annual recurring cost. As part of our collaborative engagement model, the PTA will:
1) Perform joint assessments with Microsoft Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs) and Public Cloud Solution Architects while interviewing clients to understand application stack and infrastructure present mode of operations (PMO).
2) Collaborate with Microsoft Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs), DSO teams, CSO and application SMEs to identify, compile and analyze data for workload optimization and cloud migration planning.
3) Provide consultative support to application teams to include assessment of connectivity requirements, VNet /VPC and subnet design, CSP service recommendations in collaboration with Microsoft CSAs.
4) Collaborate with assigned SSEs on automation scripting, connectivity and environment configuration tasks as defined in client migration plans necessary to migrate applications to their target state cloud hosting model.
5) Assure that application designs include automation to support continuous integration / delivery (CI/CD) processes, automate environment build processes and utilize IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings to optimize client implementations as part of a future mode of operations (FMO).
6) Assure that application designs adhere to Base 6 Architecture Principles, Public Cloud Policies, Public Cloud Approved Design Patterns and ASPR Security Requirements.
As a part of our vision and charter, the Solution Architecture & Migration (SAM) Team will help ATO adopt Cloud native solutions for new and "invest leveragability" applications. PTAs will work with SAM Team Leadership, PTAs, business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives and migrations as part of ATO's effort to transform cost structure and drive automation.
Nice to have
English: C2 Proficient
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more details: see more details
IT Infrastructure Engineering