Customer Company is making mobility real. Today's software-defined vehicles generate a lot of data. It's expensive to transmit, and it's not all useful. Our team is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry. We help our customers identify the data they need to operate more efficiently and produce better products. With teams working across the globe, Connected Services creates and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive data acquisition methods with powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications.
About this position:
As a Software Engineer in API Services team, you will be responsible for the design and development of highly scalable Microservices developed and intended to be deployed on a cloud platform. You will implement proof of concepts, build features, deploy systems, and be responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects. You will partner with stakeholders from product management, architecture and other engineering teams across many functions within a Team and external implementation partners. You will be expected to have demonstrated success in software project delivery and experience in development of applications using a variety of tools, languages, frameworks and technologies.
Responsibilities and duties
• Participate in requirements backlog refinement including gap analysis and task estimation.
• Work with the Architect and Development Team to develop and document an architecture and low-level design to address the requirements.
• Participate in technical architecture and design discussions with both internal and external engineering teams.
• Work with a Scrum Team to estimate the tasks and assist with planning sprints.
• Develop or modify code to implement the product features using the technology stack best suited for the architecture.
• Implement test driven development methodology to develop unit, integration, functional and performance test cases along with application deliverables.
• Collaborate with external partners to develop applications that meet the defined product requirements
• Work with business users and end to end validation teams to develop an acceptance test plan that ensures that the product meets customer requirements and expectations.
• Troubleshoot production application software problems.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and/or improve performance.
• Work with the development team to review pull requests and contribute to the improvement of coding practices.
• Participate in and contribute to all sprint ceremonies to help the team improve sprint delivery.
• Stay current in the latest and emerging software tools and technologies.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, or related degree programs.
• 3+ years of professional experience in design, development, and support of Java Spring web and/or .Net backend applications.
• Practical experience with Java 8, OOP, functional programming and design patterns.
• Experience with PaaS centric architectures on Azure using components like Cosmos, Azure Data Lake Store, Kubernetes, Service Fabric, KeyVaults, Event Hubs, Event Grids, Redis, Data Lake, Kusto (Data Explorer), DataBricks, and Synapse.
• Experience with building Spring based RESTful web services using Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Spring Data.
• Experience with development and deployment of Microservices on cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP).
• Experience with Spring Security and OAuth2.
• Experience writing unit, integration and performance test cases.
• Strong debugging skills, code optimization, and performance tuning.
• Hands on experience with NoSQL DB, preferably with MongoDB
• Hands on experience with SQL databases (e.g. MySQL) and JDBC.
• Experience with Git and build tools (e.g., Gradle or Maven).
• Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Passionate about technology, software, and data.
• Have the ability to work under pressure with strict timelines.
Nice to have
• Experience with Microservices architecture on cloud platform.
• Experience with confidential compute frameworks like Enarx, Open Enclave, and/or experience with secure boot VM's using cloud TPMs like GCP's shielded VMs.
• Experience with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes and Docker Swarm)
• Familiar with scripting languages like Bash and Python.
Traits we seek:
• Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
• Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
• Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
• Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
• Passion for product excellence - build great products with distinct customer value and apply continuous improvement and innovation
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.
Line of Business