US hedge fund develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies - the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform. Technologists at fund research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually intense. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to solve undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code on a daily basis. Fund success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That's a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry. Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
We are seeking one Software Engineer to develop, maintain, and improve proprietary software to handle various types of financial market data and to facilitate quantitative investment research.
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following)
• Write and maintain software to ingest and transform data for downstream consumption
• Minimum one year of work experience in a technology or financial company
• Good knowledge on data structures and algorithms
• Be dedicated and self-disciplined with a strong work ethic and be willing to help others
• Be proactive and possess good communication skills within a global team environment
Nice to have
• Experience with STL or Boost
• Experience in working with financial market data
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
Russian: C2 Proficient
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more information.