We are looking for a Software Engineer with passion for delivery of innovative customer facing web applications amidst an agile development environment. Our client is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, and you will get a chance to use your technical skills working in an interdisciplinary team to help build some of our core next generation platform features.
You are not only skilled at programming but an excellent communicator with a bias for action. You have focus and strong sense of ownership. Over time you will grow into a key technical resource capable of back-end development as well as driving cross-team design and architecture reviews.
- You are a voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 2-3+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
- Excellent coding skills in Java and proficiency with HTML, XML and JSON
- Experience working with Rest APIs and familiarity with development of services using Spring Boot on Cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Experience working around Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g. Git.
- Good communication and ability to explain technical details and challenges to a variety of audiences
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience around GraphQL and Kotlin is a huge plus
- Flexible in learning and understanding both front-end as well as back-end services
- Ability to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations
- Strong programming & designing skills (Java with Spring)
- Ability/flexible to learn and contribute to apps in other languages (Scala/Kotlin/NodeJS)
- Can write good tests and has good troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Good communication and should have ability to work across teams
- Exposure to Cloud computing. AWS is preferred.
- Familiarity/worked in CI/CD and agile
Nice to have
English: C2 Proficient
Spanish: C2 Proficient
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for more details: see more details