The estate is currently a combination of vendor platforms, an in-house legacy system, some smaller custom built applications and a strategic platform where the roadmap has stalled in recent years. The role will be initially to introduce change and stabilize these systems. It's the intention to put substantial focus over the next few years in creating a genuinely world leading global trade booking solution. The role will involve working closely with the subject matter experts in IT, the global traders and the Stock Borrow Loan IT lead and Global Prime Finance IT lead.
The role will seek to drive DevOps innovation whilst balancing the work that will need to be performed on the legacy platforms to support the Buiness and manage the migration. Will be expected to work with global development teams and stakeholders.
We need a strong DevOps Engineer in Russia to deliver a best of breed DevOps pipeline.
The right person should be heavily driven and passionate about technology, change and delivering robust solutions.
Over the coming years there are two main concerns.
1. Maintain at DB
DB will continue to run Stock Loan systems on behalf of BNP Paribas for circa two years. Stabity is the main focus although there is likely to be some change. Deliver stable systems, automation and standardization through DevOps engineering. Its vital that the existing business continues safely with upgrade and other software maintenance duties performed.
2. Growth at BNP Paribas.
It's the intention to put substantial focus over the next few years in creating a genuinely world leading global trade booking solution. The role will involve building out new software delivery pipelines, monitoring, security and infrastructure using modern DevOps techniques. Its likely that a mixture of stand alone and cloud techniques will be required. At the heart of this will be a greenfield project which will need a mixture of cloud and conventionally hosted solutions. A DevOps pipeline that can satisfy a mixture of development needs will be required.
A mixture of tooling will be available and largely choices can still be influenced i.e. Ansibile, Kubernetes, Helm, scripts and other integration tooling will be required to built from scratch. As a DevOps engineer you will help to deliver the new systems safely to production. You will interface with other DevOps staff and development teams collaborating to produce a highly automated pipeline.
• Able to meet requirements and deadlines with quality built into the solutions.
• Support DevOps recommendations and implement these in terms of usability, scalability, design and performance
• Provide solutions for technical and functional issues including performance related items and reducing complexity, increasing maintainability and providing flexibility and reuse
• Be a strong engineer pushing the use of appropriate leading edge technologies and techniques
• Enhancing, building, tuning and debugging delivery pipelines and other related duties and responsibilities
• Deliver monitoring and metrics systems into the systems
• Prepare comprehensive design and technical specifications documentation, and ensure timely completion of assigned work
• Support strategies for migrating from DB to BNP Paribas
• Keep up to date with technical and non technical training needs
MustJenkins OR TeamCity OR Bamboo
GitLab OR Bitbucket
Python OR bash
Nice to have• Jenkins, TeamCity
Strong knowledge (with work experience) in Java, J2EE, EJB, JAX-WS, Weblogic or similar JEE containers
• Strong knowledge of cloud designs and deployments. Kubernetes a must. OpenShift, AWS or Azure a bonus
Deep knowledge of Springboot for java micro-services
• Other modern languages popular in the context of cloud micro-services a bonus. I.e. Rust etc.
• Hands on experience of distributed information delivery systems, preferably in a Java/Unix environment
• Demonstrated experience and interest in next generation technologies
• Experience in developing service oriented architectures and web services, including JSON, XML and J2EE
• Experience of messaging and asynchronous programming models in distributed systems, including JMS implementations
• Knowledge of relational databases
• Excellent software development experience with solid Java focus
• Excellent understanding of caching and distributed processing
• Good methodology understanding alongside associated tools
• Good knowledge of development tools like Jira, BitBucket(Stash), TeamCity, Artifactory and Sonar
• Should have good problem solving techniques
• Financial Services experience and Capital Markets would be of benefit but is not essential. Understanding of Securities Lending\Risk and Margin business would be of further benefit
• Strong communication skills with an emphysema in English.
• Strong design skills
• A great leader who can create enthusiastic and knowledgeable teams.
- English: Pre-intermediate
More job opportunities in DevOps
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Send to a friend|
|DevOps||DevOps Engineer||Saint Petersburg, RU|
|DevOps||Security Operations Engineer||Saint Petersburg, RU|
|DevOps||DevOps Engineer||Saint Petersburg, RU|
|DevOps||DevOps engineer||Saint Petersburg, RU|
|DevOps||Senior DevOps (with Python) Developer||Saint Petersburg, RU|